Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Pot and Guns?

44hunter45

I'm safe. Pretty sure the statute of limitations covers me from college. Never liked it and it made me paranoid. I'm still looking over my shoulder for narc cops 40 years later.

I'd say guns and weed mix better than guns and alcohol, but that's not on the ATF forms...

No, I don't advocate mixing any mind-altering substances while handling firearms, but this seems like an oddly specific case of government mis-regulation. Heroin user? Cool, here's a bullpup. Crackhead? Great, here's your Glock. Use medical marijuana to avoid heavy painkillers? Sorry druggo - get out of here!

I'd say guns and weed mix better than guns and alcohol, but that's not on the ATF forms...

No, I don't advocate mixing any mind-altering substances while handling firearms, but this seems like an oddly specific case of government mis-regulation. Heroin user? Cool, here's a bullpup. Crackhead? Great, here's your Glock. Use medical marijuana to avoid heavy painkillers? Sorry druggo - get out of here!

technically, those other drugs would preclude you from having firearms. The form asks if you are using illegal drugs, but isn't just specific to weed.

Grass should be legal at the federal level. States are dealing with a mishmash of enforcement & jurisdiction that is creating more headaches than solved problems. If this administration would bring back the Cole Memorandum, then there wouldn't be an issue as BATFE & DOJ wouldn't put any resources in to the issue.

When I was 18 and bought a rifle, did I lie on my 4473? Beer was an illegal substance for someone under 21, right?

Also- when I read this:
“Anyone who is currently using marijuana, whether for ‘medicinal’ purposes or otherwise, should answer ‘yes’ [on the form],” McCoy explained via email.

I have to wonder what the definition of 'currently' is. If I "allegedly" smoked yesterday, but have not today... I am not currently using it, right?

Piss test at check stations, drug sniffing dogs checking vehicles. The cornovirus effects on western hunting just countered by the number of incarcerated hunters.

technically, those other drugs would preclude you from having firearms. The form asks if you are using illegal drugs, but isn't just specific to weed.

Grass should be legal at the federal level. States are dealing with a mishmash of enforcement & jurisdiction that is creating more headaches than solved problems. If this administration would bring back the Cole Memorandum, then there wouldn't be an issue as BATFE & DOJ wouldn't put any resources in to the issue.

This Pew poll was from 2021.

1643409933821.png

To me it is such a winner politically and logically, I don’t know what the holdup is.

Given that our fed and state governments have promulgated well over 50,000 laws governing their citizens (us) should we be surprised that they don't all fit together neatly? It is this explosion in laws and the even great explosion of related regulations that are the true threat to our freedom - far more so than communism, the Taliban, "domestic terrorism", scary black guns, medicare for all, universal background checks, or mushrooming govt. deficits. SCOTUS Justice Gorsuch is just about the only public figure that ever talks about this issue.

It is this explosion in laws and the even great explosion of related regulations that are the true threat to our freedom - far more so than communism, the Taliban, "domestic terrorism", scary black guns, medicare for all, universal background checks, or mushrooming govt. deficits.
I would contend that in general freedom is inversely proportional to population. More regulations are a function of more people. And it's not a linear relationship.

This has come up many times in Ca. You can just add it to the list of regulations that have been ignored with legalization. The whole thing has been and still is a pretty big mess with so many contradictions between Fed, State, and local jurisdictions.

Who's going to enforce this nationwide? The 6 dudes that work for the ATF?
Exactly people freaking out over this crazy stuff. Trust me the ATF is like any Federal DOJ agency and can't work near enough fentanyl, meth, and heroin cases to make a dent. They are not worried about this and damn sure aren't gonna get an USA to prosecute it.

What if you were attending a Willy Nelson concert and got pulled over for driving 25 in a 55 on your way home? Asking for a friend who did not partake he just let it pass by.

First time I smoked weed, my buddies and I stayed up super late watching Jack Johnson surfing videos and laughing.

A couple hours in I solved the mystery of all those big existential questions I was grappling with. Goddamn it though but I couldn’t recall the answer the next morning. Slept well though.

All things being equal, any intelligent benevolent dictator would legalize weed before alcohol 8 days a week.

All I know about the subject is that my nephew's wife use to be a bat crap crazy woman with violent mood swings who always packed a gun. I was always a little bit scared with her around and I was always ready to duck for cover. Now that pot is legal she is the sweetest, calmest, most levelheaded person you could ever hope to meet. She still has the gun but I don't feel like I have to watch her right hand all the time anymore.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back