Portable Evaporative Coolers

noharleyyet

Looking at some of the lower tiered Port a Cools (cyclone 2000) and the Honeywell Indoor Outdoor....anyone use em. I realize humidity mitigates efficacy.

...garage/patio use.

It should work as long as your BTU/sq ft is somewhat matched. Another option is a split system heatpump, there more expensive but alot more efficient.

I feel like a king when I fill it up and cool the garage when I'm doing projects

Exactly why I want one Jorgy. I had looked at that one and the indoor/outdoor version of the one mtlion linked.

Thanks vanderlinde, the cyclone 2000 cfm is close to my sq ft formula & where I'm leaning. I'll need a new heat/air system in a few years and the split is good advice.

If I had your money ;) I'd just get a central AC for the garage. Just have the butler/manservant turn it on the day before you are scheduled to work in the garage... :D

Thought about a portable a/c but didn't really want to mess with exhausting or watch the meter spin kwh's any faster than it currently does.

Pointer, you are thinking of Jose.:D

We run the 11,000 cfm port a cools in our truck shop and they work great. The shop is rather large so we have 8 of them. Mechanics really like them. They work great in the dry air of SW Wyoming. If you have hard water you will need to run some scale remover through them every so often.

Thought about a portable a/c but didn't really want to mess with exhausting or watch the meter spin kwh's any faster than it currently does.

Pointer, you are thinking of Jose.:D
Was I? FWIW I've been to both Casa de Jose and Casa de NHY... :p

Whan I lived in UT we had a swamp cooler. A touch of bacon grease in the water makes the house smell awesome! You dogs would love it... :D

I put a Split air system in my Den when I replaced the A/C in my shop apartment and it really does a great job. It has so many settings, Jet, Dehumidifier and my wife's favorite "You got it so cold in here you could hang meat!" And it sips the electricity. John

Back