Caribou Gear

Popped my ML cherry

I`m more amazed at the photos. Not the quality, because you never fail with increadable photos like these. But you shot the doe, grabbed the camera, on target taking some beautiful shots as she attemted to leave the field! That is, unless you have trained GuNR to do something that is about impossible to do without thumbs! :eek:

Great series of photos and a nice way to end the season! Looks like you'll have a couple of "shooters" to chase around in that cedar thicket next fall.

Thanks for putting up with a simple doe hunt. They all seem to be special any more.

+100. Thanks for taking us along with you. Pretty smooth on your part to be able to take pictures right up until and immediately after the shot. I probably couldn't do that if I was watching someone else shoot. And I know I wouldn't get pictures like those!

Awesome job, miller. Yeah, I'm confused why she went so far as well...perfect shot placement...you'd think she'd drop like a rock. At any rate, glad you could get out and enjoy some hunting. :D

Nice pics, congrats on the freezer filler.

I think I've taken about 15 deer with a muzz, only saw one drop on the spot, all the rest ran 30-100 yards or so, similar to archery kills. 225 seems like a long ways. Muzzs don' t shock like HP rifle bullets, they tear a big hole, and they bleed out. When you dissect you can see nice little holes poked through the lungs similar to an arrow, were as a rifle you'll have a big jelly mess.

I'm actually quite surprised that you got full penetration with the PB. I think I only had one pass through out of about 8-9 using them, and that was with a 45cal 225gr at about 8 yards... I've found 4-5 of them in the chest cavity while eviscerating.

Muzz hunting is addicting to say the least.

Nothing wrong with the shot placement or the load, she was just hell bent on getting away from the bang. I don't think there is a many animals tougher than a WT deer, I have seen them do some amazing things after being hit.
I love the fence jumping pics, you really like that new camera I see

Back