Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Popped my ML cherry

I have not had good results shooting PowerBelts in my T/C Impact with BH209. They just seem to fizzle out the end of the barrel. I don't think that they allow the powder to build up pressure properly. I shoot Barnes TEZ Sabots and they work just fine. My doe was shot at 35-50 yards and ran about 25 yards. I hunt in the woods where shots come at close range, so I use 80 Gr. BH209 behind a 250 Gr. TEZ with a CCI 209M.

I have been shooting Powerbelts and always had very good luck with them. Very accurate and very good performance.

Simply awesome photos while actually taking a critter all by yourself !

Congrats!! I'll keep checking the mail for my invite for next year.

Just a suggestion, but I've found they don't go that far if you the shot a bit farther forward and into the shoulder. MLers and slug guns definitely don't 'shock' them as much as a rifle, but I've not had one go more than a few yards if it goes through the shoulder.

Congrats!! I'll keep checking the mail for my invite for next year.

Just a suggestion, but I've found they don't go that far if you the shot a bit farther forward and into the shoulder. MLers and slug guns definitely don't 'shock' them as much as a rifle, but I've not had one go more than a few yards if it goes through the shoulder.

Sorry, no invite. Gotta take care of myself first.:D

I agree, shoulders might be in my future.

Great photos and story Craig! What lens were you using?

Nikon 70-300. Wish I could afford better, but still happy with quality and size of this one.

A good thing about big, fat, slow (no I'm not talking about me) bullets through the shoulders is they don't mess up as much meat as a rifle does, IME.

One of these days I'm gonna have to cash my points in for SD. Just looks like too much fun.

Wow! Those are really amazing photos! Good job on the nice whitetail, that's a pretty long shot for a muzzleloader and open sights. Perfect shot placement too, hard to believe how far she was able to run with a hole thru the lungs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BearpawNH
Back