PO'ed

Whiskers

The one zone I hunt is very, very thick. Scrub Oak, Laurel, and greenbriars. Very difficult to get back into. It took me a day and a half to cut a way back in that wasn't on a trail. ( I always start my trails 10 yards in so they are difficult to find) Every day I hunt there I see deer. I have never been in that stand and not seen alot of deer. Starting at 630 in the morning to lunchtime, its almost a parade of deer coming down that one trail.
EXCEPT TODAY. Not one deer. Once in a while I would see a little flash of white, not a tail and too white to be a leaf flashing. On the way out. I walked down to the trail. It was a piece of white kitchen trash bag tied to a branch, right on the trail. 15 feet away another one,every 15 to 20 feet the entire deer trail back to a fire break about 300 yards away was a white marker. Two empty beer cans laying right on the trail. I picked up the cans,and cut down all of BOZO's markers. Just wondering if I should continue to hunt this spot, or move on. I really hate to move on, and give up a productive stand, and I don't want to hunt a stand thats not going to produce. Any OPINIONS. Its State Ground, so its not like survey markers or tree removal tape.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-17-2003 10:06: Message edited by: Whiskers ]</font>

Whiskers, sounds to me like the trash bags were put there as a detourrant{sp}to keep the deer out of there, so they would hang out somewhere else or use a different trail. got an enemys who know where you hunt?????
A few years back a notorios poacher/roadhunter, in our area, got busted for shootin a buck in doe only season. well he cried to the old man where i had hunted exclusively for 8 or so years and the old guy felt sorry for him, he thought the gamewardens had railroaded the poor POACHER, and let him hunt where i had been hunting and i couldnt go back!!!!! i'll tell ya, white trash bags blowin in the wind and bars of hand soap will sure screw up 60 acres of woods if you put them in the right place!!!!!!!!!! in the words of MOOSIE "buuahaaaaaaaa 7.21 he had to go back to roadhuntin!!!!!!!!

No enemies that know where I hunt!! Only person knows about this spot other than me is Mrs. Whiskers, thats so she can find me if I fall outa the tree. Besides she helps put the stands up.
It wasn't the whole trash bags just strips of it.About 2 inches wide 4-6 inches long. If it was put up as a deterent, it sure worked.

Whiskers I would give it a few days and then go back. Then if the deer have changed their patterns permantly I would scout a little to see where they now go. Dont allow any moron to chase you away where you find some peace.
wink.gif

I agree with Nut. I would also check to see if the bags and beer cans come back. If they do, I would stake out the entrance to the trail and see if I could get some pictures of the a$$holes doing it. Funny how a flash camera will deter those kinds of people... THey are generally kind of shy. I'd be sure I was well armed just in case though.

cool.gif

I pretty much decided, with the help of you guys, that I am gonna keep an eye on it. We got a little storm gonna hit here tommorow and Friday (Isabel) so those two days are shot. If the deer don't return....I will move. If the the bags and cans return, then I will dedicate some of my hunting time to catching them. It is State Ground, and the littering fines are real high here, $500 fine, and it goes against your hunting license Thanks for the input.

The deer are back!!!! I went out to my favorite spot this morning. The first time since I cleaned up the mess from the bozo, and cut his white markers down. From 630 to 830 I had 6 deer walk past within shooting range. Missed the biggest doe. My fault. I use a pendulum sight, and a small twig jammed the pendulum. When I put the sight on her, I thought the pendulum looked to high. Instead of checking, I assumed (I know) that it was just me. Shot about 8 feet in front of her. Then I seen the twig. OH WELL, least I got my spot back.

I shot a doe out there on the 10th of September. We have that earn a buck program here. We have entirely too many doe. Venison is venison.

The RIDDLE has been solved. I was talking to a friend tonite about(what else) deer hunting. He was telling me that while he was scouting a new area he ran across some real hot trails, follewed them back and was setting up his stand, and noticed a ladderstand about 20 yards away. Boy was he disappointed. When he started describing the area, (not pinpointing it none of us ever do) I asked him if he marked the trail. He said sure. On the way in because it was so thick, he wanted to be able to find his way in the dark. I said with plastic bags. Yep, all he had was a plastic kitchen bag that he packed a lunch in. So he tore it in strips. When he saw the ladderstand he left. I explained it was my spot. What was with the beer cans. I have known this guy for a number of years. Never known him to drink. He noticed them on the way in. Apparently I just never noticed them. He had tore up his lunch bag or he woulda carried them out. Makes me feel alot better.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HUNT7503
Back