Podcast - Getting close

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like we have come to final agreement on the production and distribution details of the Podcast. We have shot a pilot, but not sure that will be used for the actual show. When I get back from Alaska, we will start banging out episodes. This new segment of the forum will be where you can find all things related to the Podcast.

Once we have the details of how/where downloads will be available, we will post them here. Expect to see a lot of promo of the Podcast once the TV show starts in July. We are taking out an ad from our inventory and using it to promote the podcast.

I look forward to all your thoughts and ideas for guests, topics, and current issues. It will have more of a tone and style of sitting around a campfire. I am trying to avoid call in segments, as when I listen to call in podcasts I get different feeling of the interaction between the guests and the host. Expect to have some Hunt Talkers on these episode. We will have a portable production kit, so when we are on the road in hunting season we can produce a lot of these from remote locations and include a bigger cross section of guests.

Everything is fair game, which is why we are giving the podcast a subtitle, Randy Newberg Unfiltered. A Hunt Talk regular can be credited with our use of the term "unfiltered."

Thanks to the folks who have been a sounding board up to this point. Your insights and perspectives were a lot of help and will continue to guide us as we head down a path of the unknown.

These are the logos you will see for the Podcast. We are also building a new website that is the hub for all things Randy Newberg is associated with. The platforms we have built will each be a spoke coming off that hub;, TV shows, Podcast, HuntTalk forum, E-books and E-guides, video downloads, YouTube channel, and a few other planned items. For now, the next big step is the Podcast.

Hunt Talk Radio, coming to a device near you by July 1, 2015. :D

tagline (2).jpg

I like the move! Can't wait for the podcast. This industry definitely needs advocates like you and this is a step in the right direction.

So, I'm not young, nor am I old either... But uh ummm whats a Podcast? I think I may know what it is but how does a person listen to it? fm/am/iPod internet thing?

So, I'm not young, nor am I old either... But uh ummm whats a Podcast? I think I may know what it is but how does a person listen to it? fm/am/iPod internet thing?

Itunes, Websites like what Randy is talking about. I have seen soundcloud links on websites of episodes you can listen to on a regular website. If he submits it to Itunes and you subscribe, Itunes will download episodes when available and you can put them on an ipod. Some are video recorded also and on youtube or other video site. There are numerous ways to listen though.

I am very excited for this. I started listening to Rinella's podcasts a couple of months ago and recently picked up on Rogan's although usually only when he has a hunting personality on his show. I agree with Rogan that there seems to be a new age of hunting that is reversing the outward image of the hunting world to those people that are not acquainted with hunting. These podcasts are a great tool to have in depth conversations with hunters and experts and they do a pretty good job of making my trips go by as well :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back