Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Poacher arrows Bullwinkle in CO

How would the G&F cops describe the physiognomy of that alleged perp pic? I don't get the outrage.

How old does he look?
Less than 30?
Young guy, “cheaper gear” by many of our standards.
Super stoked to be elk hunting.
Maybe he’s from Illinois.
He’s never seen an elk, so what’s the chance of a moose.
Calls one into a frenzy.
Sees brown through thick brush.
Thwhack.
Bull down.
Omfg I just killed a moose 😱 🤢
“Ok, ok, ok, I’ll cut the head off, hide it, tell anyone who comes up I already hauled the head out”
“Oh chit this is terrible I’m just gonna run”

Maybe he’s not a felonious monster, but an excited kid who made a mistake.

Respectfully,

Dougs Chrondre public defender

What, you cant say Mexican or Chinese any more? Does that offend you or something? Perhaps I should have said "Asian".
No outrage, you can say what you want. The notion that someone is going to accurately assess that guy's race and/or ethnicity from those photos and narrow down the suspect list to a couple hundred via a database search is a stretch. But maybe we now know why the new question has been added. ;)
Any of you asked to answer an ethnicity question before you could add an item to your cart?

I was wondering that as well
would expla
How old does he look?
Less than 30?
Calls one into a frenzy.
Thwhack.
Bull down.
“Ok, ok, ok, I’ll cut the head off, hide it, tell anyone who comes up I already hauled the head out”

Respectfully,

i think that seems to be the most likely story. I was feeling the same.

How old does he look?
Less than 30?
Calls one into a frenzy.
Thwhack.
Bull down.

Respectfully,

We have people in the fall shoot elk mistaking them for whitetail bucks. Multiple Elk kills of both cow and bulls from not realizing what it can take to put an elk down sometimes. No ill intent, just ignorance. Most own up to their mistake and self report.

We have people in the fall shoot elk mistaking them for whitetail bucks. Multiple Elk kills of both cow and bulls from not realizing what it can take to put an elk down sometimes. No ill intent, just ignorance. Most own up to their mistake and self report.
At least, that is what they SAY they did. Frankly, I'm not believing it, 99% of the time.

Hard to mistake that moose in that type of cover for anything else but moose. Even if you have never seen one in real life.

Some of you really under estimate how flat out stupid some people (yes, including hunters) are. I’ve seen a hunter mistake an Elk for a blacktail and kill it, I’ve seen them fire off 30 round mags (AR-15) in a canyon where their own friends/family are sitting to spook game, ive seen them look through their loaded rifle scopes instead of using binos, I’ve seen them use .22s in various illegal situations, it goes on and on. This guy could easily be as intelligent as a slug and had no clue what patch of brown fur he shot at. Hell there’s that guy that shot and killed the archery hunter last year in CO.

^^^ And there is no law preventing idiots from reproducing. Actually you would think in todays day and age that there was some kind of profit in it. lol

^^^ And there is no law preventing idiots from reproducing. Actually you would think in todays day and age that there was some kind of profit in it. lol
If there was, it would erase this country’s deficit.

And that of some smaller third worlds with the change left over.

Some of you really under estimate how flat out stupid some people (yes, including hunters) are. I’ve seen a hunter mistake an Elk for a blacktail and kill it, I’ve seen them fire off 30 round mags (AR-15) in a canyon where their own friends/family are sitting to spook game, ive seen them look through their loaded rifle scopes instead of using binos, I’ve seen them use .22s in various illegal situations, it goes on and on. This guy could easily be as intelligent as a slug and had no clue what patch of brown fur he shot at. Hell there’s that guy that shot and killed the archery hunter last year in CO.
Yup that is my experience as well. Lotta people been get shot being mistaken for game and poor firearms safety

Last edited:
The penalty doesn’t sound that bad. Can I just do the time, pay the fine and then do I get to shoot a moose without a lifetime of drawing too?

Seriously it should be a steeper penalty

If I was on a jury and this was the case, I would say:

We have a picture of a guy in camo
We have a picture of a live moose
We have a picture of a dead moose

What we don’t have is any proof…
Yep, those three pictures are the totality of evidence. Absolutely nothing more. We know this, of course, because CPW has an obligation to provide the general public with all exculpatory evidence when asking for assistance.....

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back