Caribou Gear Tarp

Poached - 230" WY mule deer

I wonder what the real story is behind the archery buck is? Whatever they fine him it won't be enough.

What percentage of critters that guys are out there bragging about have a similar story?

In the screen shot of his facebook post I see him referred to as "coach", that is a bummer.

Everybody makes mistakes, but due to the extent the suspect went to cover it up, I would suspect he intended to kill that buck.

That takes a special kind of stupid. :D

Something about bragging rights that lowers the wattage....few years back a city employee shot a 200 plus whitetail here in a city park a week before season and took it to a popular taxi who reported it immediately. This smoker buck was a regular at the park.

So hes a coach? I hope he apologises to the people who look up to him. Maybe use this opportunity to teach them about the consequences of cheating and lying.

But knowing poachers, he probably doesn't think he did anything wrong.

Bragging rights cause some amazing stuff. The Nebraska state record typical mule deer record was purchased at a garage sale in Wyoming. Game and Parks was told about it and just passed it off. Records don't mean much.

Sickening. How in the world can one be proud of a critter they had to cheat in order to kill? I guess with the constant praise it keeps his fire lit???? Who knows.

One can only hope we don't have to swallow the typical slap on the wrist punishment.

Social media and egos have help our game wardens bust a lot of poachers...I love it!

Sickening. How in the world can one be proud of a critter they had to cheat in order to kill? I guess with the constant praise it keeps his fire lit???? Who knows.

One can only hope we don't have to swallow the typical slap on the wrist punishment.

Social media and egos have help our game wardens bust a lot of poachers...I love it!

The instant gratification of bragging online must aid in the delusion that you actually did something work bragging about.

Am I allowed to call him a worthless puke? Actually that's being to kind.

I could not of said it better. It robs a legit sportsman of a trophy, it closes doors for legit sportsman, most of the time in my opinion the punishment doesn't fit the crime. I just don't understand it, never have and never will I guess.:mad:

People need to seriously look at the security settings in their FB profile. I don't know the guy at all - and was browsing through all of his pictures (nothing on this deer).

It does go without saying, but I'll say it anyway - he should lose some serious hunting privs for this.

I will never understand how someone could do this. How can you ever take pride in that animal? It may be that with social media I just hear about more of these cases then before but it seems like it is becoming a huge problem all over. It makes a bad name for the true sportsman out there when people do this kind of stuff. I hope he gets a serious punishment to fit the crime.

This guy is a PE teacher at the high school as well as a coach there in town. If he's tenured, it will be hard to fire him unless he gets a jail sentence and can't teach. He should at least lose his coaching responsibilities since I don't think any parent would want a person like that to be a mentor to their kids. He may not be in for huge penalties since he had a tag even though it was used for the wrong species. He does need to lose his hunting privileges for a long time in all the Wildlife Violator Compact states and I hope he's brought up on Lacey Act violations by the Feds. If that happens, he'll find out he made a big mistake when the penalties come out. IMHO he should get charged under that Act and also be shunned right out of the community!

Last edited:
No surprise at all coming from Utah Expo, the capital of commercialized hunting. Why should citizens obey the rules and laws when their own wildlife board does not?! (See RFP) What do Utah & Wyoming expect when they are the #1 & #2 states in stealing public opportunity and putting those tags on the auction block??? They are reaping what they are sowing. Sorry, definitely not defending this citizen, just pointing out a fact. Another cancerous residual effect of SFW's model for wildlife conservation.

SFW poaches 500 premium trophy game animals a year. Wish they'd get railed on 500 times more than this dope.

Zim, this doesn't have anything to do with tag problems that you're talking about or the fact that it just happened to be on display at the Expo and we all know how you've been screwed out of more tags than anyone in our country!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back