Please Read- Need A Little Help

First, i'm gonna back up a bit. it has been frustrating for sure at times that we have found elk that are huntable but then are denied access to them. However, even though we haven't killed an elk.....yet.;)....there have been a significant amount of positives through this whole process. There have been a lot of people who have gone far out of their way to help make this thing happen for us. to those, i thank you very much and this thanksgiving day, those people will all be on my mind.

its been tough for sure, we have been granted access to a few places that just haven't had elk, and the places we know have the elk, just haven't been granted the access. Found a bunch of elk the other day on public, just couldnt phsically get dan to them so the plan was aborted before it even began.

we are keeping our fingers crossed and prayers out for Dan, unfortunately his condition has worsened this week and we will be lucky to even get one more day out of it with his extensive radiation treatments..................

It aint over till the fat lady sings, and i don't hear her warming up yet:D

thanks guys also for all the great comments , but just doing what most would do given the situation.........

hoping a big ol whitetail buck will walk by our window or something during thanksgiving dinner so i can actually fill a montana tag this year....

I am new to this site and this is my first post. I have to say what you are doing is awesome to help out Dan. Shame on all the landowners who have elk and are not allowing access for you and Dan to hunt. It takes losing someone special sometimes to get people to wake up to what is really important in life. I almost lost my twin girls when they were born last year and it has woken me up to what is important in life. Friends and Family is the most important thing. I am here in NM and I wish I had a ranch cause I would personally fly both of you out and let both of you harvest an elk. Cause nothing would be more special to Dan then to watch you harvest a Bull elk on the same hunt.

I read that Dan is 23 years old and I think Hunt of a Lifetime only deals with people under 21.But you may want to contact them and see if they have any connections to a ranch in Montana that could help you out. you can go to huntofalifetime.org and they have an ambassador for Montana I think her name is Mindy Mckee. I think it would be worth a shot to see if they would help out.

Good luck and I am praying and following that you can help Dan harvest a trophy class bull.

Good Luck
Kevin

Critter, what you are doing is truely and inspiration. Thank you for doing an amazing thing with this. My wife and are praying for Dan and his family and giving thanks for you and those willing to step up to the call just like you. PM sent.

I am new to this site and this is my first post. I have to say what you are doing is awesome to help out Dan. Shame on all the landowners who have elk and are not allowing access for you and Dan to hunt. It takes losing someone special sometimes to get people to wake up to what is really important in life. I almost lost my twin girls when they were born last year and it has woken me up to what is important in life. Friends and Family is the most important thing. I am here in NM and I wish I had a ranch cause I would personally fly both of you out and let both of you harvest an elk. Cause nothing would be more special to Dan then to watch you harvest a Bull elk on the same hunt.

I read that Dan is 23 years old and I think Hunt of a Lifetime only deals with people under 21.But you may want to contact them and see if they have any connections to a ranch in Montana that could help you out. you can go to huntofalifetime.org and they have an ambassador for Montana I think her name is Mindy Mckee. I think it would be worth a shot to see if they would help out.

Good luck and I am praying and following that you can help Dan harvest a trophy class bull.

Good Luck
Kevin

Thanks a bunch for that information! I will be checking it out for sure! Looks like we have a couple people who are coming through for us here and i'm crossing my fingers it works out. We are packin up the truck tomorrow and headed out for a couple hour drive to see if we can find him a bull! Will see what happens!!

Also, just for the record, I'm giving all credit for this assist to my wife who is the real hero here. She has a preschool with 70+ kids enrolled that she is at roughly 11 hrs each day. She then has our own 4 kids to get to basketball, dance, swimming, girl scouts, gymastics, football, etc...........plus the homework, getting them fed, bathed, etc......I honestly don't know how she does it but she does and I hear ZERO complaints. For me to dedicate all my time for this hunt with dan is only possible because she allows me to do it............Very few are as lucky as I in that department;)

Wow! What an amazing story! Matt Thank you so much for doing this for dan! This is exactly what hunting on your own is all about! I hope Dan can have an opportunity to kill a great bull this year but even if he doesn't what you are doing make this hunt a hunt of a lifetime! Good luck and I hope it all works out.

well, we are off in a few minutes, everyone keep your fingers crossed that some elk feels the need to die today:):)

Hoping this evening will be the time for some grippin and grinnin on a montana wapiti for ol Dan!

Good luck Matt. Sure wish I could have helped out, the couple people I talked with just didn't haven't any elk on thier place, at least not consistently.

Good luck, Matt. I am back in town for the next week. I made some calls this morning and if I hear back from any of them, will let you know. If you guys close the deal, it will be the biggest and most special event of the entire hunting season. Keep at it guys. We are all pulling for you.

Good luck to you and Dan, I don't know if you have the capability to do a live hunt so that we can follow a long like Big Fin does. If not then I will be waiting to hear just how this hunt plays out. I think there are a lot of people praying and hoping that this works out for Dan. Its 4th quarter and Can't wait to see Dan with a grin from ear to ear and his hands on a trophy bull of a lifetime.

Good luck
Kevin

End of the fourth quarter, fourth and goal.......................TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!

Pics to follow. Im not home so uploading pics is stretching my computer skills.

All i can say, this has been the best thanksgiving weekend ever! We have a very happy elk hunter right now.:hump:

Strangely enough, my 6 yr old must be good luck too, took him on his first elk hunt this morning and .......................yep, he's good luck, i filled one of my two elk tags with him along! What a weekend.

Touchdown - YES!!!!!!

Congrats to Dan and CritterGitter. Will be waiting to hear the entire story and see the pics. A remarkable story of one hunter spending most of his season to help another hunter. This is what makes hunting such a great thing.

Big thanks to all who helped you guys. Prayers for Dan and his family.

Very cool Matt. You've definitely built up some great Karma this season.
Can't wait to see the pictures and hear the story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Montana WSF
Back