Plantar Fasciitis

fmnjr

Only place on this site that seemed appropriate to post on this topic.

For those of you who may have experience with PF, what did you do about it that worked for the long haul?

PF has recently become a problem for me and the only thing that works to relieve it, temporarily, is aggressive stretching.

It only occurs when I've been on a pretty long ruck over terrain with elevation/altitude changes.

I can't be the only one here that this has happened to......thanks for any input/feedback.

I had a mild case when I was in 3rd Infantry Division in Okinawa, Japan. A corpsman wrapped my ankle and showed me how to do that myself. You might get some of those compression socks that seemed to help when mine starts flaring up. Once you get it, it takes years if ever for it to completely heal up.

It takes a long time to get over it somewhat.
Stretch flat barefooted shoulder width apart. Lean forward and keep your heels on the floor hold for a count of 30. Release for 20 seconds Repeat 3 times twice a day.
Or do a one foot stretch one leg back same deal flat on floor barefoot and keep heal on floor other leg ahead slightly bent lean forward and to the same count. Only thing that helped me get rid of mine and I still do it to this day but the double foot stretch with toes up on a rod to get more stretch. Hope this makes sense.

Stretch flat barefooted shoulder width apart. Lean forward and keep your heels on the floor hold for a count of 30. Release for 20 seconds Repeat 3 times twice a day.
Or do a one foot stretch one leg back same deal flat on floor barefoot and keep heal on floor other leg ahead slightly bent lean forward and to the same count. Only thing that helped me get rid of mine and I still do it to this day but the double foot stretch with toes up on a rod to get more stretch. Hope this makes sense.

It does make a lot of sense actually. Elevating the forepart of your foot while standing and then leaning forward to stretch is pretty smart. I'll give it a shot.....thanks.

Golf ball under the heel for about 3-5 minutes each morning, just roll your foot around with moderate pressure.

Ankle brace that keeps your foot straight while you sleep, this helped me a ton. Odd and weird at first but it works.

I had a mild case when I was in 3rd Infantry Division in Okinawa, Japan. A corpsman wrapped my ankle and showed me how to do that myself. You might get some of those compression socks that seemed to help when mine starts flaring up. Once you get it, it takes years if ever for it to completely heal up.

I'll try anything that makes sense and the compression socks can't hurt, that's for sure......thanks.

Golf ball under the heel for about 3-5 minutes each morning, just roll your foot around with moderate pressure.

Ankle brace that keeps your foot straight while you sleep, this helped me a ton. Odd and weird at first but it works.

Another good idea....thanks.

Footwear with better arch support and religious stretching. Stretching every day after I work out is enough to keep it at bay now for me. But this time of year, wearing flip flops a lot, if I don’t work out for a couple days or skip the stretches, I start to feel it in my foot pretty quick.

The exercises help a great deal but the advice I'll give you is what has done mine the most good. Get you a pair of Hoka one one Bondai 6 shoes and install a set of Superfeet Green orthotic insoles. That's all I need say. If you want to Google Hoka Bondai 6 there are a number of sources and quite a few reviews. They come in a fairly wide range of colors. Good luck with the fasciitis and don't go barefoot anymore if you want to keep it at bay. If you decide to try them go at least a half size larger than you would normally wear.

https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...wiE363O0KLqAhXmY98KHXTGBeEQ0Qx6BAgREAE&adurl=

Last edited:
Dang, I never would've thought PF was so common. All the commentary here and in that other thread have gotten me thinking a bit more deeply about root cause. My feet are FLAT so I'll be looking into what I can get to help with that. Another thing I'm going to do is start hitting the iron again, especially squats. Thank you everyone!

All the commentary here and in that other thread have gotten me thinking a bit more deeply about root cause.
This is key. All the remedy in the world are useless if you can’t prevent the recurrence.

Only thing that helped me was the brace to wear at night. It was a pain into the ass to get usd to but it definitely worked when nothing else would for me and an rx of anti-inflammatory.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back