Plantar Fasciitis

Based on my recent scouting trips where the miles were put in wearing these soles, have to say they are pretty darn good. The thick ones are better, just ordered 2 more pairs :D

I had a HELLUVA time with PF in my right foot three years ago during hunting season. Problem was crappy boots. I carried on hunting pheasants every day and ODing on ibuprophen but it was brutal! I had a custom pair of insoles made but don't think they helped a lot. Better footwear and the exercises made the difference. No recurring issues though occasionally I feel the neuroma dead spot in ball of my foot and resume exercises. The one that seems to work best is curling my toes like I'm trying to pick up a pencil. Twenty repetitions. I can do them while I'm driving if the cruise is on (right foot is the problem). I have very high arches which they tell me is just as bad as flat feet. Didn't keep me out of military ... because my daddy wasn't a billionaire. And I'm grateful. That three years in service gave me an education and job security.

Thanks for the info about those insoles. I'm going to order a couple.

I started to have PF about 15 years ago, especially after long days of hiking. I went to a Good Feet store, and they wanted $500 for insoles. I walked out of that store and straight to REI, where I picked up some $50 inserts. They really didn't do the trick. I went to a podiatrist, who gave me inserts that were custom molded to my foot. It was probably $200 out of pocket. It was the best money I ever spent. I'm fact, I'm still wearing those same inserts today (they are a hard plastic with a thin cushion on top). I've had no pain in 15 years. Podiatrists can help with this problem. That's what they do.

I think everyone has summed it up. For me the cure was:

1. arched inserts
2. daily stretching
3. roll foot on a ball
4. lose some weight
5. Buy Hoka shoes. This should probably be #1. Incredibly soft and comfortable. Do not skip this!

I think everyone has summed it up. For me the cure was:

1. arched inserts
2. daily stretching
3. roll foot on a ball
4. lose some weight
5. Buy Hoka shoes. This should probably be #1. Incredibly soft and comfortable. Do not skip this!

Agree with 2,3 and 4. 1 and 5 are the exact opposite of what someone with PF should be doing, in my opinion.

Preventing already weak/tight foot muscles and ligaments from stretching and getting stronger (which is exactly what insoles and Hokas are designed to do) will only kick the can down the road and could make the problem worse.

I am certainly not qualified to give medical advise, but have dealt with PF in the past and did a deep dive into what causes it. “Protecting” the foot, in my case anyway, makes it weak and leads to problems.

So my PF experience began in early spring this year and I tried about everything: stretching, orthotics, exercise, changed boots, anti-inflammatories, periods of rest.

My right heel resolved and got better but the left, no way, it was very bad.

Finally gave in and went to a podiatrist. Doc x-rayed and gave me an exam, no bone spurs or other abnormalities.

Let's try a steroid shot he says, which was what I was just about to ask him for. Plus he wrote an Rx for Meloxicam 15mg.

That was 4 days ago and I'm pain-free today and feel great.

Hope this helps someone out.

Great news, Frank. Don't stop the exercises. I haven't had issue for years but still keep up with it ... when I remember.

For me PF was solved by custom insoles and stretching, it took about a year to get over. It started on a backpack trip using green superfeet.

PF takes a bit to get rid of and is not the same for every person. For me I was on crutches for a month taking pain pills then when I got off light duty in the Army, I was over it. This was in the early 90s and back then they gave pain pills for most any orthopedic type treatment.

So my PF experience began in early spring this year and I tried about everything: stretching, orthotics, exercise, changed boots, anti-inflammatories, periods of rest.

My right heel resolved and got better but the left, no way, it was very bad.

Finally gave in and went to a podiatrist. Doc x-rayed and gave me an exam, no bone spurs or other abnormalities.

Let's try a steroid shot he says, which was what I was just about to ask him for. Plus he wrote an Rx for Meloxicam 15mg.

That was 4 days ago and I'm pain-free today and feel great.

Hope this helps someone out.
Howd that shot in the foot go?
Got a friend thats a foot doctor and of course I asked him about it on a recent hunt we were both on. He told me to use the frozen water bottle and stretch it OR when we get back he could give me a shot. He explained how he would administer the shot. I said Fthat! Wheres the frozen water?!

Howd that shot in the foot go?
Got a friend thats a foot doctor and of course I asked him about it on a recent hunt we were both on. He told me to use the frozen water bottle and stretch it OR when we get back he could give me a shot. He explained how he would administer the shot. I said Fthat! Wheres the frozen water?!
It’s not that bad they use a super cold spray and do the shot at the same time. The spray totally distracts from the shot. The relief from pain is totally worth it.

insoles, frozen water bottles, foot massage things and stretching worked for me. Then I went elk hunting in a different pair of boots, even with the insoles, and it's back! time for new boots,

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back