Plans for Dove opener

No dove hunting here in Michigan so I'll make my annual trip to a lifelong friend's house in southeast Indiana, arriving to hunt Friday afternoon and through Monday.

We'll be hunting a combination of private ground food plots and public fields planted by DNR. Saturday morning will find us spread out across three different places then gathering on the best flight locations from then on.

Goid luck everyone!

20220831_171930.jpg
14 x 6 ft pvc liner, going to put in in a hole I made digging fill dirt for a recent project. Hopefully 600 ft hose will reach for now. This will be a new water source out there, the only one for quite a ways and it'll be fenced off from all stock.

Headed out in a couple hours. This will be Slash's third dove opener. He is a little more serious than he was at 13.5 weeks.
50903657352_fca0a226fb_4k.jpg

He sure had big ears back then.
50903537201_2ad36f2a4a_4k.jpg

California is good for something. Limits (15 each) for my son and I by 0715 on a public refuge. The chaos of opening day on an unlimited entry refuge was its own special kind of wonderful. For the record his shooting skills put me to shame. He finished with a double around 0700 with under a box of shells.

Dawn in the dove field. Excellent opening morning hunt, we had 36 hunters this year and killed 394 birds. I got called away for a minor family emergency and didn’t get a chance to take pictures of the midday feed and all the kiddos. The future of hunting is bright here. If anyone ever invites you to hunt a cut hemp field do it. This is our 2nd year of industrial hemp production and I’ve never seen a better dove attractant in my 43 yrs of dove hunting.1C76906C-2F45-4DF2-BB37-A0D5AA151FC0.jpeg

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back