MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Plans for 2023

I'm heading up to SE Montana for turkey for the First time this spring! Do you have a lot of experience in that region? I've been escouting and reading as much as I can off the Montana website. Lots of good info there. I was looking at custer national... Ever hunted there? Lots of traffic?
I would hunt NW SD, not in the black hills, but the surrounding buttes. Tons of turkeys and less hunters than SE Montana. Just my opinion from hunting both states, NE Wyoming is really good too.

Spring Nebraska turkey hunt, Indiana whitetail hunt, Mn whitetail hunt, and depending on draw either Wyoming or Colorado elk hunt. Going to be a busy year!

Well it’s about that time of the year to start getting hot and heavy with plans for 2023; s especially for spring hunts.

What’s everybody plans, goals, etc. for 2023?
1. Tell the wife I love her, but the woods are calling.
2. Spring Turkey shortly!
3. Get a new bow
4. Fish/hike/camp all summer
5. Take my fishing tan and chase big game in fall
6. Verify wife has kicked her boyfriend out before I get back

-Idaho spring bear (depending on time should be good to go late June)
-Idaho archery only either species deer on the river.
-Idaho archery elk playing with the grizz in my old stomping grounds of island park.
-Pheasants with man's best friend Nittany.
-Arizona either species deer in December to try and fill my tag that I failed to fill in January.
-Spend a lot of the summer scouting in Island park with the little man and Nittany. Including a 4 day scouting trip at the end of July with hunting partner from PA.
-Currently trying to kill as many coyotes as I can on the river bottom as they are EVERYWHERE!! And also trying to cut the tracks of the mountain lion that has moved in to the river bottom. No luck yet on that.

Living out east sucks! I miss Montana. So far I have I only have a fourth season deer/elk hunt planned for colorado. May try to add a second week and hunt deer in Kansas on the way back.

Will hunt a couple days of archery whitetail with my son at home in MN.

Will hunt a week of the whitetail rut at home.

Plan to apply for archery elk in the Bighorn Mountains. Backup if I don't draw will be to burn my dad's WY antelope points. Backup to the backup is either an OTC elk tag or just hunting another week of archery whitetail at
Will hunt a couple days of archery whitetail with my son at home in MN.

Will hunt a week of the whitetail rut at home.

Plan to apply for archery elk in the Bighorn Mountains. Backup if I don't draw will be to burn my dad's WY antelope points. Backup to the backup is either an OTC elk tag or just hunting another week of archery whitetail at home.
Sounds like you’ve got it all planned out to be a great 2023 season in one way or another! Goodluck

I was planning on bowhunting the Haul Road but with my pinched nerve I think I will be leaving my bow at home and will take my rifle.
I don't plan on packing out the meat, I plan on floating it out.

Can confirm Nevada shorter than the ear pronghorn hunt and a archery mule deer hunt.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back