Planning our call to the wild.

NPO_Aaron

Whats up everyone!

I'm a "flat-lander". I live in the north-central portion of North Dakota. My family's plan is to move to the mountains within the next five years. My goal is to have enough property to plant a large garden, raise some chickens and, through hunting, provide a significant amount of my families food. We are looking into west/central Montana, but haven't made our minds up. Who loves where they are at, or knows of some awesome places for a young family to live their western, self sufficient dream?

Welcome, when you start looking there is a really good broker down in Ennis that will help you out. Call ERA and ask for Johnathan.

The problem is finding something you want that is affordable and the covenants meet your wants/needs. Also research the winter average weather. This can be an issue for winter access.

Good luck,
Dan

Montana sucks. There are wolves and grizzlies (densities range from 9-12 per 5 elk), it will cost you $20k per 100 square feet to purchase a chunk of land (next to city sewage ponds), and there are an average of 138 days a year with below zero temps.
Now, when I think "call to the wild" my mind immediately lands on Iowa. Have you watched Field of Dreams?

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back