Planning for an Eastern Montana mule deer hunt

Thanks. I get it.

It appears to be insanely easy hunting because it is. I’ve seen mule deer in the rut off of roads. They’re dumb. It also appears to be crack for Montanans else they would have made mature management decisions prior to now.

Until then, I’m headed up to dump a forky 😀
The current management was a good deal back in the 1970's.

This thread is f'n awesome. In honor of our own local biologist I wanna bring this little note back to life. Just to make sure everyone knows who's got the real mule deer handle on things.

View attachment 221461
Been diggin awhile, Ey Jonas? Lmao evidently still sore. Must hurt for $500? I’m not mad at you, I know y’all just like fitting in with your buddies. Your little internet high fives and all. Lol hope @Cheesehead smokes a biggun and tells y’all #LACEEMUP

Been diggin awhile, Ey Jonas? Lmao evidently still sore. Must hurt for $500? I’m not mad at you, I know y’all just like fitting in with your buddies. Your little internet high fives and all. Lol hope @Cheesehead smokes a biggun and tells y’all #LACEEMUP
Can we use your tape measure to score the rack when cheesehead shoots a 2.5 yr old with milk on his lips

As someone who moved from Wisconsin to Eastern Montana, I promise you hunting public land here for mature representative bucks either white tail or mule deer isn't even remotely close to easy compared to Wisconsin white tail hunting. If your goal is to come out here, kill a dink buck or a doe to prove some point that we are cry babies and all is well out here, crapy politicians, drought, CWD, EHD, declining deer population, and a good conservation ethic be damned, I would imagine you will kill something. But that attitude about "cry babies" and "killing some of your shit" will not get you far here, especially when you get stuck in our gumbo "roads" and need a yank. Better hope you don't get stuck near my family's ranch, or anywhere else I frequent. I imagine I will be a bit more skeptical of out-of-state plates this fall, especially from Wisconsin.
Heavy sigh. As a responsible sportsman from Wisconsin, I am mortified by some of the crap that is spewed by people from my state. @MThunter398, I get you. You are spot on. If you are stuck in the gumbo, I sure will stop to help pull you out and you will be offered a cold beer if you stop by my camp. Hope that you can keep an open mind about my Wisconsin plates.

I'm really only here for the likes, you caught me.

Last edited:
Can we use your tape measure to score the rack when cheesehead shoots a 2.5 yr old with milk on his lips
My plan is to shoot that 2.5 year old.

And then his mother. Just because of this thread. Love you Montanans! ;)

#btags
#huntingisconservation
#imheretoconservemontana
#smilethewholetime

My plan is to shoot that 2.5 year old.

And then his mother. Just because of this thread. Love you Montanans! ;)

#btags
#huntingisconservation
#imheretoconservemontana
#smilethewholetime
It’s legal and you have a tag for it so I can’t fault you. Why stop at the mother though get 7 b tags and get the whole family.

Just so it’s clear, I’m going to shoot Montana does and a milk-tongued buck

I’m going to do it with a 6.5 Creedmoor just to make the disdain palpably clear

I’m going to post pictures

I’ll be wearing characteristic Wisconsin trademarks

I’m going to enjoy the entire process

It’s gonna be great.

#conservation
#fixyoursystemyoulazycensored

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members