MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Pittsburgh Marathon

Muleyfanatic

Finished my first marathon this weekend. It was a enjoyable experience and plan on doing more. I started running to make sure I would be in mountain shape come fall a couple years ago and have become some what addicted to it (when I started I never would have thought that I would ever say that). I finished in 3:55:25.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Congrats on quite the accomplishment! I used to have the goal of trying to complete a marathon. Key phrase "used to"!

Great job! Those last 6 miles are fun aren't they? ;)

I would have never thought of myself as a runner either, but started running to get in shape for hunting and it has just kind of taken off.

I still don't really feel like I'm a "runner", especially at 6'2" and 210lbs, but I sure do feel like I'm in the best shape of my life.

I have my first ultra on the schedule in 10 days, a 50K trail race. The timing couldn't be much better to draw a mountain goat tag when I am actually in the best shape of my life at 46.

Congrats! Will be doing my 9th marathon this weekend.

Much like others, I started running to get in shape. Too hard to erase 2 or 3 years of sins in 2-3 months trying to get into mtn shape.. Better off staying in shape year around and running is best way for me.

Nice job Muley! Keep up the great work.
I'm scheduled to run my fourth 100 in five weeks in Wy. I even managed to finish one with Greenhorn pacing me the last 18 in 2012.
Good luck in your running!

I really wish I enjoyed running like others seem to. It would be a good addiction to have as opposed to soda and Little Debbie's. Lol.

I tried a couch to 5k program last year and made it about half way through it before my knees started giving me trouble. At 6'3" and 250# that's a lot of high-impact stress on my knees.

Thanks guys!
You ultra guys are impressive. Cameron Haines has nothing on some of the hunttalkers!! I am looking at doing one of these in the future ; but probably not this year. I have already committed to 2 half marathons, tough mudder, and 1 more marathon. I ran a 30K earlier this year during my marathon training.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back