Pinched nerve in shoulder

glass eye

I've always slept on my shoulder but 2 weeks ago I woke up and knew I wasn't right. The pain rotates around from my back to my shoulder to my bicep to my forearm and back again. The whole while my index finger is numb and tingly.

For those who have experienced this torture, how long did it last ?

It has been with me since my scout swimmer training and high speed cast and recovery during the Iranian Hostage crisis! The injuries are not in my medical records because we were warned against receiving treatment! So.... 43 yrsish! Old injuries are tough, coyote ugly may have played a role or two for me , but I have CRS! I feel your pain , dude!

Do you have a heating pad? You might be able to heat it up enough and then have someone knead out where the pain is. Probably won’t totally go away, but should relieve the major pinch

I believe those ailments can be rectified with proper exercises and posture , not to mention a bit of weight training. For me it came down to discipline as pert near all of my jobs have been physical , I was not too interested in any extra PT, and a cold beer after work seemed like enough PT for me!

it might not be your shoulder problem could be in your neck a disc maybe ? better get it check out by a real doctor.

I had similar symptoms a few years ago after playing golf for the first time in a long time. It was pain in my shoulder, inability to get comfortable, tingling in my fingers, even had an eye twitch on the same side.

It stayed about three weeks and then I went to a chiropractor and got an adjustment and it was gone the next day. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not.

Sounds like a C5 or 6 nerve root issue, but there could be an impingement down the line somewhere...hard to say without doing a full eval on you. Find yourself a good physical therapist to get it checked out, they will have the answers for you.

Sounds like a C5 or 6 nerve root issue, but there could be an impingement down the line somewhere...hard to say without doing a full eval on you. Find yourself a good physical therapist to get it checked out, they will have the answers for you.
Do this...

Ibuprofen.

Hurt my shoulder a few months back and honestly, I thought I did permanent damage. Took me ibuprofens for a couple days and I was fine.

Should injuries are weird. Felt like someone was stabbing me right in the shoulder blade when it first happened.

Last edited:
I had this happen. I was in pain simply laying there. I work out a lot so I laid off a bit, stretched out often, walked a lot. Worked itself out in a few days.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back