Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Pics from Texas Duck/Goose Hunt...

FLIPPER

These aren't the best pics nor could I find all of them. But here are a few from 11 or 12 years ago when Martin, Mike and myself went to Katy, Texas

Here are a few hundred Snow Geese...
Cnv0074.jpg

The guy in the middle was our guide. There were 6 of us and we limited out on ducks the first day. The father and son from Louisiana couldn't shoot very well
biggrin.gif
Cnv0075.jpg

This was the third day and we limited out on geese and ducks...it was a great day...
Cnv0076.jpg

Cnv0077.jpg

We killed snow, blue and speckle belly[white fronted] geese...pintails...texas tree ducks...teal...shovelers and I can't remember what else.

HAhahaha...we do still look like that
tongue.gif
we both just gained 85 lbs, Martin is bald, I am white headed and we are both 12 years older
fight.gif
biggrin.gif

Don't let him fool you guys...all he had left was a little ring around his ears and some fuzz in the back
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
shhh.gif

I like hunting at Larry Gore's set up, he's the biggest duck and goose outfitter in Texas. Your group has to shoot 20 birds to get on the board there where you guys are posing at, pretty good day, eh!

There's a breakfast place there too I like, 2 eggs, 2 pancakes, 2 bacon, $2 (and 99 cents.)

TELL me how many ya shot ? WOW. Lots of ducks and Geese. DO you have any closeups of the Ducks ?

AND WOW, you do look younger
wink.gif

HOW much did the Trip cost ? What was included ? Fill me in Flipper/Meathead !!!

Uh...it was 12 years ago Oscar
tongue.gif
don't remember the numbers...but it was alot
biggrin.gif

We brought back 150qt cooler filled to the top with processed duck and goose breasts
shhh.gif

Those were the only pics I could find here at home. I really need to contact Mike and get his pics...he took alot and shot alot of video.

Of course we LOOK younger
rolleyes.gif
you were still a teenager when we went on this trip
biggrin.gif

I think it was $$390.00 for 3 day hunt, room, breakfast,duck stamp and license for ALL 3 OF US. There is no telling what his hunts go for now???

And yes Tom...we made the "board" all 3 days
wink.gif
Those Tennessee boys sure can shoot
smile.gif

Hey Martin...we didn't limit out on the 2nd day, did we? Oops I told a hunting story
redface.gif

The 2nd day is when we laid in 4" of water on our backs in that rice field....all friggin' morning.

Then we snuck down that irrigation ditch to that big roost of snow geese and the guide wouldn't let us empty our clips into them
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

It's all starting to come back...will remember more later
wink.gif

Nice pics guy's..and thanks for sharing...
When I was down in Texas earlier this year, there were farmers that were shooting the hell out of the snow geese and just leaving them for the song dogs, they said that the geese were destroying the crops. They also said that all some one would have to do is ask and they could have all they wanted when they came in...I don't remember which farms they were in because we had walked around so many in the three weeks we were there...Usually around 2-3 a day..
biggrin.gif

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back