Phelps Calls Acquired by Meateater

JoltnJoe

They now own Firstlite, FHF, and Phelps. Any bets on whose next? Weatherby? Schnees? Stone Glacier? Crazy power moves by this conglomerate.

I am going with schnees.
SG is a bit of a competitor with first line clothing wise.
I don’t believe they have the funds for something like Weatherby.

I would like to announce that I have personally been acquired by MeatEater. All I had to do was swear to eat more vaguely edible predator species and move into a railroad car themed penthouse in the B-Z-N.

On the balance I still like MeatEater, but the bigger they get (among other things, cough *one shot*) the harder it is to root for them.

I don’t know much at all about business, but I like the idea of a company that’s focused on making one type of product, and making it really well. This many irons in the fire seems like a good way for all products concerned to go downhill.
I know what you mean, there is a rumour someone we know is trying to acquire Dairy Queen ;)
Cheers
Richard

I would like to announce that I have personally been acquired by MeatEater. All I had to do was swear to eat more vaguely edible predator species and move into a railroad car themed penthouse in the B-Z-N.

On the balance I still like MeatEater, but the bigger they get (among other things, cough *one shot*) the harder it is to root for them.
Mmmm mongoose burgers

Strange bedfellows......

If you place a lot of faith in that hack job by the Federalist, odds are you will be drawn to some false conclusions. I was originally a focus of that same article, until a friend got to proofread before it went live. He informed that writer how off base he/his information was. I ended up being excluded, but it doesn't change my mind of what a bullshit hack job that was.

That article and its gossip rumor content has been discussed at length on other threads here. Go search those threads if you want the facts behind that steaming crock of dung.

I see the strategy of integrating all aspects needed to hunt under one roof to become the one- stop- shop for everything from how-to instruction, to clothes and gear. I mean it's worked well for other industries.

I like this pickup more than the addiction of Newcomb. I can't stand him. Honestly, I'm getting there with Steve too. Jani, Cal, Spencer are all way more enjoyable personalities.

I see the strategy of integrating all aspects needed to hunt under one roof to become the one- stop- shop for everything from how-to instruction, to clothes and gear. I mean it's worked well for other industries.

I like this pickup more than the addiction of Newcomb. I can't stand him. Honestly, I'm getting there with Steve too. Jani, Cal, Spencer are all way more enjoyable personalities.
Spencer’s laugh is the best part of the podcast lately.

I'm sure both sides wouldn't have entered into the deal unless they both benefitted so hopefully it ends up a good thing for everyone. Unless the rumored antihunters in charge of Meateater have been doing some research about what pitches scare elk away and they plan to incorporate that into the phelps calls.

I thought the recent squirel podcast and flintlocking podcast were great. I used to hunt the PA flintlock season so maybe it hit home a little more then for others.

I don’t know much at all about business, but I like the idea of a company that’s focused on making one type of product, and making it really well. This many irons in the fire seems like a good way for all products concerned to go downhill.

I've got no problem with the acquisition, seems like they like to keep the original owners in charge of the company and not meddle with it too much. If MeatEater was jumping in and micromanaging I'd have an issue.

Last edited:
PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gowest23
Back