Pendley Horses, Fire & over crowding

That’s the response I keep getting from Senator Daines when I ask him why he’s non-committal or even supportive of Pendley. I’ve tried explaining that if someone holds the opinion that public lands should be transferred or even sold, that their opinions on other issues under the BLM’s authority are also equally crazy.

Daines has so far avoided that but he’s slimier than a Northern Pike in August.

The Utah contingent fought GAOA tooth and nail. Now they are lining up at the trough.

Idaho's Senators have been slippery with me on WPP. They have continued to hold the lifeline that since he is not an official nominee, they have no powers.
Then they bather on with the de-fund and de-cry script.

The horse issue isn't going to get much better given the Wild horse and Burro act.
If not for that I would say kill them all via any way possible.

Having a canner market in the US for unwanted horses would be a huge step for all. I find less and less interest in horses as time goes on. It is difficult to dispose of bad ones. A market would allow a proper place for getting rid of the surplus feral and yard pests.

Having a canner market in the US for unwanted horses would be a huge step for all. I find less and less interest in horses as time goes on. It is difficult to dispose of bad ones. A market would allow a proper place for getting rid of the surplus feral and yard pests.
There are canners in Mexico and Canada. That does little given the fact it's illegal for the feds to round them up and slaughter them.
And if anything the horse lovers are getting more vocal not less.

Has to be tough for those hunters that play the political line and dismiss, redirect, strawman, etc from an issue they too support.

$1B for 10 years... heck, cut that in 1/2 and offer free range capture for adoption with a fantastic bonus check of $3,500 from BLM and you make this a $500M deal.

Meh, I certainly don't like Pendley's public land stance and the reason I contacted Daines to share my opposition. Daines is an R. A quality rep for Montana. I may disagree with peaked political times where D's and R's have to toe the line in certain areas and dance in others though its a fact of the Republic of America.

If public land was the only issue faced by Americans, State, National, and International... meh, I digress.
We all have our political opinions. Poll box, here America decides... absentee ballots ftw! :)

I am glad people are begining to understand the issue of feral horses, they are not native as the last equine indigenous to North america dissapeared about 20,000 years ago as sabre tiger food. I raise horses, own and use them in both competition and search and rescue and am viewed as a heretic when advocating for humane slaughter available in the US. Horses are sold in auctions labeled as "riding" and then put in inhumane conditions ( a cattle truck is more humane for cows) for shipment out of the country which is a dirty little secret that no one wants to acknowledge in the "save every horse" world. If you have ever seen the dead eyes and listless behavior of horses in BLM holding pens you would understand how humane slaughter is a better end.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back