Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

PA BOBCAT REPORT....just an FYI

REDBEARD

PENNSYLVANIA GAME COMMISSION ANNOUNCES BOBCAT HARVEST
HARRISBURG -- According to figures released by the Pennsylvania Game
Commission today, hunters and trappers harvested 58 bobcats during the first
bobcat seasons in 30 years, which were held Oct. 14- Feb. 24. In addition,
the agency reported that 119 bobcats were killed on Pennsylvania's highways
and roads during the 2000 calendar year.

29 female
29 male

45 were trapped
13 killed by hunters

Redbeard-That isnt alot of Bobcats for the whole state of Pennsylvania is it? Good to know they have a season for them anyway again!! bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

Boykin's Hunting Homepage
HuntAndLodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

I wonder if any of Maine's are still alive.
Back around 1975 PA was swamping Turkeys for Bobcats from Maine.I donated a few.Good to see they came back enough to have a season on em.

Can you hunt them with hounds??
119 seems to be a large number for road kills,Maybe that means you got a lot of them around.
------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey
View

[This message has been edited by Tobey (edited 03-22-2001).]

that really isnt a lot of bobcats to be taken, the game commissions goal was to take 175 , they allocated 200 tags.....I guess they thought people were better than that??...as of now we cant hunt them with dogs, I dont think??....there are a pile of them around here...119 is a very high number of road kill I suppose....I think the cats are doing well because of the HIGH population of Turkey...which is directly related to our overbrowsed forest cover....turkey just love the open forest land....

REDBEARD

I thought I had read somewhere that they were allowing use of dogs for that hunt?I may be wrong though. At least you guys in PA got a season.That is certainly a move in the right direction.Anytime you can gain anything as far as opening up seasons goes support it. I know from experience when something to do with hunting is taken away it is extremely hard to get it back.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back