PA BOBCAT REPORT....just an FYI

REDBEARD

PENNSYLVANIA GAME COMMISSION ANNOUNCES BOBCAT HARVEST
HARRISBURG -- According to figures released by the Pennsylvania Game
Commission today, hunters and trappers harvested 58 bobcats during the first
bobcat seasons in 30 years, which were held Oct. 14- Feb. 24. In addition,
the agency reported that 119 bobcats were killed on Pennsylvania's highways
and roads during the 2000 calendar year.

29 female
29 male

45 were trapped
13 killed by hunters

Redbeard-That isnt alot of Bobcats for the whole state of Pennsylvania is it? Good to know they have a season for them anyway again!! bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

Boykin's Hunting Homepage
HuntAndLodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

I wonder if any of Maine's are still alive.
Back around 1975 PA was swamping Turkeys for Bobcats from Maine.I donated a few.Good to see they came back enough to have a season on em.

Can you hunt them with hounds??
119 seems to be a large number for road kills,Maybe that means you got a lot of them around.
------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey
View

[This message has been edited by Tobey (edited 03-22-2001).]

that really isnt a lot of bobcats to be taken, the game commissions goal was to take 175 , they allocated 200 tags.....I guess they thought people were better than that??...as of now we cant hunt them with dogs, I dont think??....there are a pile of them around here...119 is a very high number of road kill I suppose....I think the cats are doing well because of the HIGH population of Turkey...which is directly related to our overbrowsed forest cover....turkey just love the open forest land....

REDBEARD

I thought I had read somewhere that they were allowing use of dogs for that hunt?I may be wrong though. At least you guys in PA got a season.That is certainly a move in the right direction.Anytime you can gain anything as far as opening up seasons goes support it. I know from experience when something to do with hunting is taken away it is extremely hard to get it back.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back