P-22 Walther Feeding Issue

wyoelkfan15

I own a P-22 Walther, and since I've had the pistol it's had an issue cycling another round into the chamber. Has anyone else experienced this with this pistol. Is there a solution to get the pistol to feed better?

Is it a new one? My dad bought a P22 for my sister to practice with years ago and it took a few hundred rounds to really break in.

Semi Auto 22 pistols are notoriously picky about ammo, and sometimes do require a bit of a break in. I'd try several different types of ammo until you find something it likes....unfortunately it's hard to find ammo right now.

+1 on trying different ammo. CCI Mini-Mags are my go-to.

I have a Ruger MKii that refuses to work with any Remington brand .22 ammo. It handles everything else fine.

I kind of want to see if that is still true now that Vista Outdoors (Federal and CCI) bought the Remington ammo line.

Are you an experienced pistol shooter? No issues with other pistols?

+1 on trying different ammo. CCI Mini-Mags are my go-to.

I have a Ruger MKii that refuses to work with any Remington brand .22 ammo. It handles everything else fine.

I kind of want to see if that is still true now that Vista Outdoors (Federal and CCI) bought the Remington ammo line.

Are you an experienced pistol shooter? No issues with other pistols?
Not my other two. I've got a Springfield XDM in .45 acp that is super fun to take to the range. My .41 mag. not so much.

Does your P22 have a capture spring rod combo? If it doesn't get one.. Also clean up the hammer and slide contact surfaces (I mean polish) and only use high velocity or hyper velocity rounds. Mine will shoot most HV rounds even Remington thunderbolts without a problem.

Considering when I started it wouldn't fire anything but stingers or equivalent rounds and even then wasn't completely reliable to now I can fire magazine after magazine of Remington golden bullets without issues a little polishing can get you a long ways. Just be careful to polish not sand and remove material..

Similar to JR & Rzrbck, I went to stingers or minimags and it's been pretty good. Seems to like the hotter 22LRs. It really didn't like the cheap remingtons.

Back