MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

OYOA Needs your help

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I know Lawnboy started a thread about the Sportsman Channel voting, but I thought I would start one with more detail of how it works and what it means.

Every year, the networks have voting of the shows. Some is fan voting, some is voting by the other producers, and some is decided by the network themselves.

This year, there are two types of voting that fans will be allowed to vote on. I will do my best to explain the process of how it worked. The nominees were selected by one of the two following manners.

1) Panel selected finalists (Categories 1-6)

These are the show awards, for best hunting show, best fishing show, best host, best new show, etc.

The panel of producers voted on the shows and came up with the five finalists. We did not make it as a finalist in any of that voting. I could give my reasons and ideas, but it doesn't matter at this point, and it would sound like sour grapes.

So, we have to go a different route. OYOA can be voted for as a write-in candidate for Category #1 - Best Hunting Show and Category #6 - Best Host.

If you are inclined to vote for us, you need to go to the link below that takes you to the Sportsman Channel Facebook page. When you come to those categories you would click - "Other" and write-in On Your Own Adventures for Best Hunting Show (Category #1) and Randy Newberg for Best Host (Category #6).

2) Network selected clips (Categories 7-12)

These are clips that are submitted to the network. The network selects what they think are best. There are no write-in votes allowed here. We submitted in three categories and made it as a finalist in Category #12 - Best Moment.

To vote for OYOA and that clip, you would select the clip titled "Bull Elk at Close Range." That is the segment of the New Mexico archery elk hunt where I shot the bull at TWO yards.​

I have always been hesitant to ask for favors from all of you. I know you are all busy and have your more important daily business to attend to. Here is why I make an exception to that request.

Awards mean nothing to me, but they are a big deal to sponsors and the network. For the reason that it shows what fans want to see.

It is not secret that our show is different in many aspects. Many in the old guard of the outdoor TV industry laughed when we started the project. Change does not come easy.

For us to win as a write-in would be a major deal. It does not take a ton of votes to win in these contests. With our website, FB page, and the many other websites who like our message, we have always done very well in these type of contests.

IF YOU WANT TO HAVE AN IMPACT ON WHAT NETWORKS LOOK FOR IN HUNTING TV CONTENT, THIS IS A CHANCE FOR YOU TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Networks and sponsors follow the pack. If the pack says they want more self-guided hunting on public land, that is what the networks and sponsors will support. Might sound crazy, but it is that simple.

For that reason, and that reason only, I put myself in the uncomfortable position of asking for your help.

You can vote once a day, EVERY DAY. If you, and any family or friends are inclined to vote for us, it would be greatly appreciated.

Link to the voting page is provided below.

VOTING PAGE FOR SPORTSMAN CHANNEL AWARDS

Thank you in advance for any votes you cast for self-guided hunting and OYOA.

I hope you win all that you can. To the life of me I cant see where you wasn't in the top five

I probably know, and ONYA is not in the GOP race lol

Good luck and I'm sure there will be a lot of write ins

Voted yesterday, and when I tried today it said that I could only vote once per day. So maybe you have to wait a full 24 hours between voting?

Voted yesterday, and when I tried today it said that I could only vote once per day. So maybe you have to wait a full 24 hours between voting?

Hmmm. Thanks, Oak. Not sure what the gig is on that. Will see if it is 24 hours.

Thanks for your support.

Voted Yesterday and again today. I wish there were more write ins as I really like your intro over the other options as well.

You guys are great. When they see that OYOA got more votes than the panel selected shows, it will probably raise a few eyebrows.

Yeah, early and often is good. I like that Ben.

Like you said before. The sponsors is what needs our support.
Without them, It would be a very hard thing to do. Unless a person was very rich.
I think this make more than one eyebrow raise.

Voted yesterday and will vote again today. Seemed I ran into the same snafu as Oak so will wait til this afternoon to re-cast the 2nd vote.

Definitely one of the most enjoyable shows I watch and the ONLY one I have on a timer-basis.

Being able to follow things through this website really increases my appreciation and enjoyment of the show.

Good luck!

Chris

Voted yesterday, will again today.

How did PigMan get in there? It makes me want to watch Colorado Buck's sweet show instead.

The same thing happened to me when I tried to vote again this morning. I will try again tonight and see what happens.

Can't figure out how to vote with a Droid.

I've got the same problem. I'm on the road working and can't get it to work. 6speed if you figure it out let me know. Otherwise ill have to wait til I get home tomorrow night.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back