PEAX Equipment

OYOA Backcountry gathering in SLC

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure how many of you are going to the International Sportsmens Exhibition in Salt Lake this week, but if you are, look me up. I will be doing wolf seminars are on Thu, Fri, and Sat.

I will be at the booth of Backcountry Hunters and Anglers, hanging out and swapping hunting stories most of the time. Anyone who signs up as a member of BHA at the show will get a free OYOA DVD. Or, at least the first 75 people will get a DVD. ;)

Following the show Saturday night, the Utah chapter of Backcountry Hunters and Anglers is hosting a social gathering to provide members, friends, and family a chance to get acquainted, extend our BHA friendships, and swap hunting and fishing stories.

That event will be held 7 pm Saturday, March 16 at The Studios at Jordan Commons, 9400 S State St. Sandy, UT 84070. This venue is accessed from the lobby of the Megaplex theater complex, an easy, 5 minute walk north of the Expo venue in South Towne Expo Center. Complementary snacks and beverages will be served. I will be there. Looks like there will be free screenings of professionally produced hunting videos (not mine :eek:). BHA representatives will be on hand to discuss issues of interest and listen to any suggestions or concerns members might have.

If you can make it, I would love to get a chance to visit. Here is a link to the BHA newsletter discussing this event and the annual Rendezvous in Boise later this month.

http://www.backcountryhunters.org/i...newsletter&catid=68:utah-newsletter&Itemid=99

I had hoped to make it to the Rondy, but it is Mrs. Fin's birthday that weekend. If I were to miss her birthday, I would need to find a storage facility for all my belongings and space to set up my wall tents as my permanent abode.

Hope some of you in Idaho can make it to Boise for the BHA Rendezvous.

People often ask me why I am a member of BHA. Pretty simple. They are advocating the issues that are important to people who hunt the kind of places I do; the kind of places where elk and deer are more plentiful; the kind of places with longer seasons; the kind of places with more tags; the kind of places with better age classes; backcountry areas.

If you want to become a members, here is a link where you can join:

http://www.backcountryhunters.org/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&Itemid=9

See you in Salt Lake.

That's nearly walking distance from my OLD house. Still miss the view from that place. Have a good time.

I leave Saturday at 0530 and should be there about the time they open the doors.

Back