"Overpopulation" Let er rip!

It's not fair.

NM ranchers get handed a bunch of tags, and they can use them how ever they want. You know, make the outfitters have a bidding war for them.

This is what the wy ranchers/outfitters are angling for.

Wyoming, unlike Montana, actually does have a very robust elk herd.

I question just how much this will do to help since most of the areas mentioned already have piles of available tags.

It will help Sy get his paying cow hunters tags easier though.
We have “robust elk herds”….on private inaccessible lands….. if only they were on the moon.

It's not fair.

NM ranchers get handed a bunch of tags, and they can use them how ever they want. You know, make the outfitters have a bidding war for them.

This is what the wy ranchers/outfitters are angling for.
Neither is life

Until Montana sportsmen are willing to give up hunting for 6 months of the year, we will continue to have what we have.
Although I agree with you, I see the biggest barrier is the department, I was told we don’t have a problem so there is no need to change anything in regards to mule deer. I think they would fight changing season structure for anything. It would take a lot of support from outfitters guides and landowners who have become dependent on long generous season structures.

Although I agree with you, I see the biggest barrier is the department, I was told we don’t have a problem so there is no need to change anything in regards to mule deer. I think they would fight changing season structure for anything.
I don't think this is all that different than the person that runs up massive credit card debt. As long as you can pay the minimum payment, you don't think you have a problem and you can live above your means. FWP and Montana's hunters have been living above their means for quite some time now and just like a big credit card debt it will eventually bit you in the hind end and not let go.

I don't think this is all that different than the person that runs up massive credit card debt. As long as you can pay the minimum payment, you don't think you have a problem and you can live above your means. FWP and Montana's hunters have been living above their means for quite some time now and just like a big credit card debt it will eventually bit you in the hind end and not let go.
Fret not, the govt is forgiving debt…..my land mortgage has identified as a student loan…so I don’t have to pay it back, right???

Fret not, the govt is forgiving debt…..my land mortgage has identified as a student loan…so I don’t have to pay it back, right???
Do the guys with a land mortgage vote the right way? If not you have no shot, but now that the precedent has been set, they just have to wait until the other guy is in the Oval Office to get their government cheese.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back