Outfitters, WHY do we (you) need 'Em?

huntHARDer

I guess this could go for all western states. why do we, as sportsman, do we need this parasites? Like maggots swimming around in a dead pile, outfitters and guides profit off the efforts and moneys that YOU, the sportsman, contribute to enhance wildlife and the places that they live.

Outfitters and Guides are always the first on the public teat. I don't like 'em, don't think they're "regal" or "noble" and and am damn tired of 'em.

Just an angry white guy who's tired of those bastages making a living off our wildlife. I vote YAY to de-monetize 'em. Unfortunately, these dudes are pretty tight with the legislature and the G & F. Heck, the Wyoming Outfitters even have their own law enforcement and there's a rumor that all licensed Outfitters and Guides can and will be deputized to check licenses, bag limits etc. of sportsman.

Hey one of you Outfitters and/or Guides - try to check my license, A-holes....

Last edited:
I guess this could go for all western states. why do we, as sportsman, do we need this parasites? Like maggots swimming around in a dead pile, outfitters and guides profit off the efforts and moneys that YOU, the sportsman, contribute to enhance wildlife and the places that they live.

Outfitters and Guides are always the first on the public teat. I don't like 'em, don't think they're "regal" or "noble" and and am damn tired of 'em.

Just an angry white guy who's tired of those bastages making a living off our wildlife. I vote YAY to de-monetize 'em. Unfortunately, these dudes are pretty tight with the legislature and the G & F. Heck, the Wyoming Outfitters even have their own law enforcement and there's a rumor that all licensed Outfitters and Guides can and will be deputized to check licenses, bag limits etc. of sportsman.

Hey one of you Outfitters and/or Guides - try to check my license, A-holes....
Wow

Hmm. Not sure where you're going with this rant. If it's all about proving how bad of a day you're having, you're off to a remarkable start here. And, if it is all about things or people that piss you off, odds are this won't be a good place to make your mark.

I send 20-40 hunters per year to outfitters who aren't geared up to do some of the things they dream of doing. I know many outfitters. Most are good guys. Like the cross section of society, there are some I'm not too keen on. Most are hard working folks trying to make a living.

Carry on ......

Randy, anyone is free to make a living, just not off OUR wildlife
You realize this is exactly what most of hunting shows are? How about that crab, lobster, shrimp, or fish (unless farm raised) you buy at the store. Isn’t that your wildlife?

I think you are missing the Mark on what people do or how they make a living off of your wildlife.

Take your rant somewhere else.

I don’t like people who make custom guns! What’s wrong with just taking your average plinker out there! There making it too easy to kill my wildlife!

I'm just a midwest guy who likes to hunt out west, only to find my national forest full of guns for hire and these same bastages keep me from hunting designated wilderness areas, again, located in my national forest. screw 'em

I'm just a midwest guy who likes to hunt out west, only to find my national forest full of guns for hire and these same bastages keep me from hunting designated wilderness areas, again, located in my national forest. screw 'em

You should be mad a legislators not the guides. Most are just out there trying to make a living like you.

Most outfitters I've encountered provide an incredible combination of packing, scouting, cooking, hand-holding, butt-wiping, field dressing, camp counseling, motivational speaking, emergency medicine, public land advocacy, ethics instruction and back country cleanup; to clients who would otherwise be stuck @ home, voting against public lands. Take a newb hunting in the back country for a sneak peak @ how outfitters spend their autumns.

Since you're a Midwest guy why don't you hunt your own local national forests? Perhaps we're tired of out of state guys coming to OUR national forests and taking OUR wildlife and leaving a mess behind.;)

Back