Our weekend

lilbiggun

We took off Friday morning to go bear hunting. We put in at kenai lake and motored the raft about 4 miles up and found a place to camp.
About noon we took off to do some scouting. About a mile in we found a real active bear trail and thought this would be a good place in the evening or the next morning. On the way out my wife hurt her back and could hardly stand, then I blew out my knee on some rocks. we were not on a trail so we were hoscotching across a glacial creek. In both of our conditions we got real wet and that water is cold. On the way out we found a very good size brown bear print that we didnt see before. We got back to camp, changed and built a fire. We decided that we were gonna head back to the truck the next morning, since it wasnt worth aggrivating her back or my knee.
the next morning we woke up and found fresh moose tracks in our camp and some brown bear tracks. Thank goodness the bear seemed to have been just passing through. thats one good reason why I sleep with my 458Lott while camping :D
Over all it was a decent weekend, seen some good moose and the country was beautiful.
Next week we are going to Valdez,AK. Maybe we will get a chance to get my wife a bear there. If I could get on photopoint I would post some pics.

LBG, thanks for the full story. I can definately see why you sleep with your Lott.
Any pics you need posted, send to me and I can host them for you. I can send you the url for the pic or I can put them on if you want.

LBG to hear about your blow out weekend but things happen.
I have a friend in Kenai that hunts bear in the same area I believe. I hope to be there next Spring. Maybe you two have met at the Gravel pit where he shoots? small world

lilbiggun,

When you say you were sleeping with 458Lott, you mean the rifle right!? ;)

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I can relate, but weather is my enemy, not injury.

I'm trying again too, this weekend.

Take Care!

Brian good luck this weekend. No Paul wasnt anywhere around us :D (Paul is a friend of ours that goes by 458Lott)

Shane, I usually dont shoot south of town, but when you come up give me a hollar.

LB, Tam is feeling real good, she went to the doctor and she got some cool pills :D

Elky, If my pics turn out I'll send them to you. thanks.

lBG,
Glad Tammy is feeling better
And Don't forget the pictures as you get them ;)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back