Yeti GOBOX Collection

Our Bison Guy

There is that Nameless, but it seems to me they just wanted to kill the effectiveness of the program. Plus they offered him another position so they only saved the difference in salary. When you axe those admins you also save the cost of the benefits which is pretty significant.

What changed that made Brenden finally decide to stop holding the bill up?

There is that Nameless, but it seems to me they just wanted to kill the effectiveness of the program. Plus they offered him another position so they only saved the difference in salary. When you axe those admins you also save the cost of the benefits which is pretty significant.

What changed that made Brenden finally decide to stop holding the bill up?

Not necessarily - it depends on how the position is funded, etc.

On what changed - lots of trading, pressure to get it moving and a long-standing tradition of every bill getting a hearing.

On what changed - lots of trading, pressure to get it moving and a long-standing tradition of every bill getting a hearing.

Brenden holding it until that annoying bison program was made less effective never crossed your mind?

Brenden holding it until that annoying bison program was made less effective never crossed your mind?

No, because that wasn't in play at the time.

Brenden's buffalo eggs were all in the County Commission Veto bill.

OK, this was not a bill I followed this session so I don't know the drama, but aren't bison always in play with Brenden?

OK, this was not a bill I followed this session so I don't know the drama, but aren't bison always in play with Brenden?

Yes.

The strategy on bison was different this session than in sessions past however. We only had a few bills relative to bison, and the chairman of House Ag was not keen on repeating the craiziness of last session (13 bison bills) and told most everyone that if there were going to be bills, limit them to the ones that had the best chance of passage and weren't just statements against buffalo.

That led us to a handful of bills, which eventually were winnowed down to two, SB 284 and HB 194 (which sportsmen & conservation groups ended up supporting). Here's the veto letter on SB 284.

Back