Caribou Gear

Ouch!!!

I felt pretty bad about it. I texted him the correct unit to apply for. But he screwed it up when he went online. I didnt think to double check afield cause we were so focused on filling our buck tags. It was his 1st western trip.

OMG these are brutal! :eek: But given the number of applicants you knew this had to happen. I occasionally have nightmares I could be one of these guys someday. Did once pick a wrong hunt in Nevada but I only ended up reaching a point or two for mzl instead of rifle deer...........not 20!

Hey Fin congrats on being in the CO 19 point club along with me and thousands of other guys who wished they'd burned them on four - 4 point mediocre hunts. When we get within grasp of a unit 61 bow tag CO will change the rules to drop the NR quota by 5% or something. I consider these the poorest value of any points I have anywhere. If they could be sold on Ebay, they'd go for like $4.99/each.

The charts are excellent! I have nightmares about being one of those guys.

Thanks for sharing Randy! I have been smirking at those results. Like you said, to bad CO gives these folks a do over. Darwin's theory should have "weeded" them out long ago.

I used to be until I chucked the ever increasing points game......

Have 2 friends in Alpine,AZ that can't draw a cow tag with 18 points.............as the elk eat them out of house and garden nightly. lol

Dang, wish I would have burned my deer points this year. Would have pulled my first choice. The new format is a bit less cumbersome.

It's great to make fun of people, but even more fun to climb up on that "trophy hunter" high horse. I just about burned a worthless 12 sheep oints in MT on a ewe tag, just to get rid of them... in the end I just gave them back. We really have no way of knowin if they intended to burn those points or not. What's funny is you all seem to care so much.

I found a couple of screw jobs by CO. It looks like for the unit 1 muzzle there are no more NR tags. In previous years there was always one but now there are Zero. They let NR put in for the hunt but there are no tags available.

I found a couple of screw jobs by CO. It looks like for the unit 1 muzzle there are no more NR tags. In previous years there was always one but now there are Zero. They let NR put in for the hunt but there are no tags available.

I just looked, and there were no NR tags available for unit 1 ML in at least the last five years. There are NR that apply for it every year, though.

If no residences apply, a non res can get that tag. I drew that tag 2 years ago (resident), great place to hunt.

If no residences apply, a non res can get that tag. I drew that tag 2 years ago (resident), great place to hunt.

Jorgy is correct, which is why the regs don't say that there are no tags for NR.

Or they could be wives, like mine perhaps who tire of the husband putting them in for a pile of tags they "might" not want anyway. I dont let my wife near the send button and as the refunds come rolling in say " loook you won some money! Oh, here's some more...

She won $753 just last night.

When she draws bull moose, my then former pals hold max points will kill me, and then We will hunt it for a day or two, perhaps if the weather is nice-- with a camera. When she draws desert sheep I probably won't even confess that to my friends. Out of fear :)

Being true conservationists, a couple guys were worried about an over abundance of cow elk damaging the range in Unit 2. Being good citizens, a resident burned his 18 points to help this serious overpopulation issue. Not to be outdone, a non-resident upped him a few and burned 20 points and paid the non-resident fee to stake claim to Colorado's most concerned conservationist.

HA! That is too funny, I hope I never make that mistake. Years of applying and the money to get a tag you could have after just one year!

I still do really like the new format, was a great change from years back.. Nice and easy to read. I've spend many hours staring at the stats planning future elk and deer hunts.

Oh man thats crazy. As was said above, stop drinking the bong water. No excuse to make that mistake. What a disaster.

In some other states this could have been catastrophic but I believe they could turn those tags back in correct?

Big Fin I am surprised you ever had 19 points for any species in any state. Wouldn’t that be “Glory Tagging” it?

Could be worse, couple years ago a friend drew the once-in-a-lifetime Oryx hunt in New Mexico only to discover when he started prepping for the hunt in January that his tag was actually for the October hunt - four months prior! That has to be a real kick to the groin.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back