PEAX Equipment

Other Hunting/Outdoors Podcasts

MThuntr

I know this was covered before but I'm hoping for an updated list. I'm looking to increase my podcast listening so I don't have to listen to the local radio or NPR all day.
Right now I listen to:

Hunt Talk Radio
MeatEater
Wired to Hunt
Hunt Gather Talk
The Hunt Backcountry Podcast

I know I'm missing out on some good conversations on outdoors stuff. I really enjoy podcasts that tend to be done by good storytellers with good production quality like BigFin and Steve Rinella Shows. Also if you have another Podcast not related to hunting/fishing/outdoors I wouldn't mind listening as long as they are entertaining.

What do you guys suggest?

Yesterday I did a 90-minute segment with Mark and Dan on their podcast, Wired to Hunt. The topic was selling our public lands and why that is very relevant to the whitetail audience that makes up most of their listeners. These guys did a great job of serving up that topic in a manner their listeners can connect to.

That podcast will air tomorrow. Link to their podcast is here - Wired to Hunt

If you are looking for other goods podcasts, I would highly recommend Wired to Hunt, in addition to some of the others mentioned.

My main ones are Hunt Talk and Meateater. Just found Hunt Gather Talk and really like that as well. Gritty Bowmen and Hunt Backcountry are okay but I find myself getting bored listening to those guys talk. A good radio voice is paramount to me.

The ones above pretty much cover it for me in terms of outdoor podcasts. I used to listen to the Dirtbag Diaries, but the ratio of good episodes to poor ones exceeded my threshold.

Joe Rogan has had Steve Rinella, Jim Shockey, Cam Hanes, and Remi Warren, and some other hunting "personalities" on his show, some of them multiple times. Those are worth listening to.

My main ones are Hunt Talk and Meateater. Just found Hunt Gather Talk and really like that as well. Gritty Bowmen and Hunt Backcountry are okay but I find myself getting bored listening to those guys talk. A good radio voice is paramount to me.

Yeah there can be something about their voices that makes it hard to listen and often their guest call-in quality is horrible. I listened to one where it sound like they recorded it with FisherPrice tapedeck.

All the ones mentioned above plus:

Big Buck Registry
The Rich Outdoors
Nine Finger Chronicles
Full Draw Full Time
Traditional Bowhunting and Wilderness Podcast
Hunt Fish Journal
Joe Rogen Experience

I think I listen to 30-some podcasts.

Emrah

I'll occasionally listen to Jay Scott and Outdoor International podcasts. Not much though.

I was going to mention Jay Scott (Jay Scott Outdoors podcast).

If you're interested in Desert Sheep and Arizona hunting (or Desert Southwest hunting in general), it's very good detail.

It's 3rd in my queue behind Fin and Rinella.

Hunt Talk Radio
MeatEater
The Hunt Backcountry Podcast

These are the only ones I listen to now. I like the Gritty Bowmen, Aryn Snyder is hilarious, but it won't work on my iPhone now for some reason. They are fun to watch though on YouTube...cause they are all live videos...one has Eva Shockey if that gets your attention.

All those other ones just have too many...quantity over quality. Plus they keep having repeat guests...I like new stuff, new people, new content.

All those other ones just have too many...quantity over quality. Plus they keep having repeat guests...I like new stuff, new people, new content.

Agreed, if I hear that story about Corey Jacobsen bugling too much one more time I'll gag. Although he is a wealth of knowledge.

JRE is great, any of his hunting guests, UFC fighters, nutritionists, Les Stroud, etc. I like gritty bowman as well.

Hunt Talk
Meateater
The Hunt Backcountry
The Rich Outdoors
Jay Scott Outdoors
And I just discovered the Gritty Bowman

I haven't decided if I like Gritty Bowman yet, but I have learned a thing or two so I'll keep it in the rotation. If nothing else, it gives me something to listen to while I'm waiting for Fin and Renella to drop a new episode. They are by for the best in production quality and story telling, IMO

The ones above pretty much cover it for me in terms of outdoor podcasts. I used to listen to the Dirtbag Diaries, but the ratio of good episodes to poor ones exceeded my threshold.

Joe Rogan has had Steve Rinella, Jim Shockey, Cam Hanes, and Remi Warren, and some other hunting "personalities" on his show, some of them multiple times. Those are worth listening to.

I expand the Rogan list to include any guest not related to martial arts or comedy. I think Joe does a great job with the writers and researches he interviews too.

Radiolab is pretty good.

Hank Shaws podcast has been pretty good so far

Joe Rogan and Hunt Talk are the only ones I regularly listen to. Will give Wired to Hunt a try.

Yesterday I did a 90-minute segment with Mark and Dan on their podcast, Wired to Hunt. The topic was selling our public lands and why that is very relevant to the whitetail audience that makes up most of their listeners. These guys did a great job of serving up that topic in a manner their listeners can connect to.

That podcast will air tomorrow. Link to their podcast is here - Wired to Hunt

If you are looking for other goods podcasts, I would highly recommend Wired to Hunt, in addition to some of the others mentioned.

Randy, this is a brilliant move because it puts an issue out in front of the biggest audience in hunting, Eastern deer hunters.

Just trying to explain the public land transfer issue to my midwestern hunting family members over the holidays, most are unaware of where they should be on the issue. Given the recent national attention in Oregon its a great time to educate people and put the issue to rest.

Wired to Hunt is a pretty entertaining podcast as is the Mark Kenyon's story walking away from a job at Google in his mid 20's to become an outdoor writer. The podcast itself is pretty entertaining and at times informative, but it also is extremely whitetail-centric in content.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back