Orion to Yeti?

junior88

Did I miss something? Watched Randy's most recent bag dump. In the background are some coolers and they certainly don't look like his colorful Orion coolers. Definitely look like Yetis. Also been sporting Yeti drinkware, like in the hunting Colorado video. Just something I noticed. Don't care either way, I run RTIC myself.

I noticed that too. On the ice fishing challenge, one of the guys is wearing a Yeti hat. Makes sense because the promo code Randy isn't valid through Orion anymore!

I noticed that too. On the ice fishing challenge, one of the guys is wearing a Yeti hat. Makes sense because the promo code Randy isn't valid through Orion anymore!
+1
CC.jpg

Old news....Newberg bought out Yeti. Do a forum search, it is in there somewhere from a couple months ago.

Miller is right; we paid them in Monopoly money.

Reality, ORION decided to move from the hunting space for reasons I don't know and didn't ask. They notified those of us in the hunting space of this decision last year. Such is life. Nothing I can do about it, even as their number one promo code redeemer by a huge margin. I am sure they have their business decisions for making this change of course.

I don't have a deal with YETI. They sent me a ton of product to test and use in our content. I've used their product in my episodes I've done for RMEF, as they are the official sponsor of RMEF. Their ad agency has asked for a proposal of what it would take to be in our platforms. Maybe it will become an official relationship, but with all the turmoil in the business world, who knows what any company has as their plans at this time.

Reality, ORION decided to move from the hunting space for reasons I don't know and didn't ask. They notified those of us in the hunting space of this decision last year. Such is life. Nothing I can do about it, even as their number one promo code redeemer by a huge margin. I am sure they have their business decisions for making this change of course.

I don't have a deal with YETI. They sent me a ton of product to test and use in our content. I've used their product in my episodes I've done for RMEF, as they are the official sponsor of RMEF. Their ad agency has asked for a proposal of what it would take to be in our platforms. Maybe it will become an official relationship, but with all the turmoil in the business world, who knows what any company has as their plans at this time.
Which do you like more?

Thanks Randy, interesting to see how these business arrangements work in your world (like Nissan for example). I remember watching an Arizona hunt you did with RMEF, and you were using a Team Elk pack. It looked so strange

I got the hint on Damon Bungardds Instagram page that he was no longer with Orion and there might be some bad blood? If it’s true, I hope he lands on his feet running! I always enjoy his passion for snakes.

Last edited:
My email from Orion has been kennels and kayaks recently.

I will say that as a HuntTalk March Madness cooler winner, my Orion has been great. Heavy sucker, but aren’t they all when it is ”roto-molded”.

I also have both and they seem to work well. I bought the Orion because they are built a few hours away and the general engineering seems better. The cushioned lid is nice on the boat and the latches are way easier to use. I get similar ice retention in both tho

looks like the Orion brand is ending.

Attachments

• 76F38293-39DD-4B55-9FC4-A878B74488C0.jpeg
    76F38293-39DD-4B55-9FC4-A878B74488C0.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 160
Too bad. I prefer features and sizing on my Orion over my Yeti. But both hold ice well. Guess I should have bought a few.

Interesting things going on. I'd be happy to use a 'RANDY' promo code on a new Yeti cooler!

Back