Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Organization to be involved with

peterk1234

Reading all the proposed legislation and realizing how active many of you are has me thinking. When I become a permanent resident of this incredible state, what organization(s) should i read up on and be involved in? Thanks Pete

Seems to me the MWF has been very active this legislative session. I've been impressed by their advocacy for sportsmen of Montana this session. I think they would be well worth your consideration, among others.

I’m a huge fan of TRCP on the national level.
I really like them too. Not really the type of org where you can get locally involved, but i send them some money every year. I’m not local to MT, so not familiar with MWF but you can’t go wrong with BHA or RMEF.

For a Montana group, I've been pretty darn happy with RCFWA, and have no regrets joining as a life member. Those guys are like the old school rod and gun clubs that IMO, need to come back. I need to break out the checkbook and send them some more money.

Local clubs that deal with local hunting issues and aren't worried that they may be pissing off members outside of the State they're Residents in. Support Resident hunters and local wildlife, habitat, and F&G issues.

I miss the local rod and gun clubs.

Montana Wildlife Federation has been killing it this session! Really impressed with them. BHA has had a good constant voice as well. And we all know RMEF is flat out effective at what they do, even if we didn't see them on HB505.
You can't go wrong supporting any of those three.

RMEF and Ducks Unlimited for me. Our local Rod and Gun club has turned into a group of combat course handgun shooters. That's OK, but I've done all that sort of thing I care to do. I join to use the rifle range.

MWF has been involved in Montana's legislature since 1936. Every session, they are the only full-time lobby presence for hunters during the session.

Montana Trout Unlimited is the same but for cold water conservation.

MTBHA does amazing grassroots work, and has some of the most dedicated young conservationists I've met yet.

RMEF is a powerhouse when it comes to habitat conservation, increased access & better conservation outcomes at the federal level.

TRCP does fantastic work at the state level in a ton of issues around public lands, migration corridors, refuges, etc.

Montana Bowhunters Association is the lodestar for archery groups & maintaining ethical archery pursuits.

Tons of local rod & gun clubs across the state, like RCFWA, Anaconda Sportsmen, Helena Hunters & Anglers, etc who all work their tails off to provide better wildlife & wildlife habitat while defending our birthright at the commission, legislature & congress.

MT is an advocates dream. So.many.good organizations to choose from.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back