Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Optics recommendations

feedback

I bought a AR 556 MPR model 8514, I’m wondering what type optics would be recommended for range shooting, coyotes hunting, woodchucks, etc., etc.. I’ve checked out Cabela’s AR riflescope, open sights front and rear, and red dot sights. I’m just wondering what the general opinion is and I’m leaning towards a red-dot sight and reading all the reviews that I can both good and bad. Thank you for your time and God Bless in this crazy world we are living in.

A sig Romeo5 is a good, inexpensive red dot. If you're wanting to reach out a bit you may want to look at an LPVO. Primary Arms has some decent ones, their ACSS reticle is pretty nice.

A sig Romeo5 is a good, inexpensive red dot. If you're wanting to reach out a bit you may want to look at an LPVO. Primary Arms has some decent ones, their ACSS reticle is pretty nice.
Thank you for your information.

For a do-it-all AR scope I like the Vortex strike eagle 1-6 or 1-8 for the money. You can shoot both eyes open on 1x or dial it up if necessary. Palmetto State runs specials on them frequently

For a do-it-all AR scope I like the Vortex strike eagle 1-6 or 1-8 for the money. You can shoot both eyes open on 1x or dial it up if necessary. Palmetto State runs specials on them frequently
Thank you for your input

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back