Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Opinions ?

Anyone have trajectory software that puts a image to this shot?

I'm not an archer by trade but I'd think that shot would have to look something like the Roman archers taking aim on the Germanians.

"to each his own" the shooter is the one that should be the judge of a shot knowing his ability and his own personal limitations.

I practice out to 100, but draw my personal limits at 70. I was 7 for 7 on elk till this year. Not bad odds.

133 yard shot with a bow is equal to a 600 yard with a rifle imo. If this guy could demonstrate his ability at those ranges I would not have a problem with him taking that shot.

You should look at it this way. What about The old geezer that is half blind that can barely hit a Target at 20 yards? What should his max range be? I think it depends on the shooter.

Has to be the top "dumb ass" post of 2010, winner, winner, chicken dinner! Slide in just under the wire. Great job.

Last edited:
All too often the max range a shooter feels comfortable with has no bearing whatsoever on what constitutes an ethical shot. Bad judgment abounds in the woods, by most hunters at times. What seperarates quality, ethical, hunters from the trash that ruins hunting for all of us is the ability to separate what you want to do from what you should do, and act accordingly.

We all make mistakes at time but guys who state absurd distances as 'well within my range' really should reexamine just why they hunt. Even as we endeavor to kill them, animals deserve more respect than to be used as 'targets' for idiots attempting to kill them from another zipcode when the animal, or at least its kill zone, could easily move out of the sight picture before the projectile reaches it. If it takes that long to reach the animal it is not an ethical shot, IMO.

here endeth the sermon :D

All too often the max range a shooter feels comfortable with has no bearing whatsoever on what constitutes an ethical shot. Bad judgment abounds in the woods, by most hunters at times. What seperarates quality, ethical, hunters from the trash that ruins hunting for all of us is the ability to separate what you want to do from what you should do, and act accordingly.

We all make mistakes at time but guys who state absurd distances as 'well within my range' really should reexamine just why they hunt. Even as we endeavor to kill them, animals deserve more respect than to be used as 'targets' for idiots attempting to kill them from another zipcode when the animal, or at least its kill zone, could easily move out of the sight picture before the projectile reaches it. If it takes that long to reach the animal it is not an ethical shot, IMO.

here endeth the sermon :D

Hallelujah Brother, Hallelujah! :D

Originally Posted by wingman1
"to each his own" the shooter is the one that should be the judge of a shot knowing his ability and his own personal limitations.

I practice out to 100, but draw my personal limits at 70. I was 7 for 7 on elk till this year. Not bad odds.

133 yard shot with a bow is equal to a 600 yard with a rifle imo. If this guy could demonstrate his ability at those ranges I would not have a problem with him taking that shot.

You should look at it this way. What about The old geezer that is half blind that can barely hit a Target at 20 yards? What should his max range be? I think it depends on the shooter.

Has to be the top "dumb ass" post of 2010, winner, winner, chicken dinner! Slide in just under the wire. Great job.

Here, here... Winner by a landslide...

Attachments

• dumbass.jpg
    dumbass.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 138
With these long rnage dudes seems we only hear about the ones they hit and kill, we never hear about the ones that get away or turn into a rodeo.

There is a Montana legislature introducing a bill for a spear season in Montana. We got dudes shooting 70+ yards with bows, whats next chucking spears 50 yards which they say is their "effective" range?

Wow Dink.. that's impressive.

I'm going to have to get me that same equipment he's pushing so I can fling arrows that far in the rain too.... :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll even book a hunt with those guys so they can film me and my crooked teeth too... was it Bone-head-outfitters ??

haha in the comments

'2 gut shots far from smoked em'.

Oh man I am crying, "this here is a wall hanger in my book".

Last edited:
Fist pumps and nuckle bumps. Through the brush none the less.

What a clown.

My buddy and I met that cat in May in King Salmon. I didn't know who he was, but my buddy did and apparently is a big fan of him. Nice guy, that's all I know about him....

The original Jbird seems to specialize in long, cruddy shots. Here is one where he shoots a wild pig "cinnamon phase boar!" at 78 yards in the butt while hunting "the wilds of central texas" and says "got him good in the femoral artery" Texas heart shot, indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7GOJxP27h4

That is about 50 miles from my home. I've never seen pigs act that unconcerned.

....quite the video for humane dispatch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back