Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Opinions Wanted

WY Hunter

Ive posted this on other sites as well:

So a question was brought up on another site about how looking at the drawing odds there should be leftover tags for an area but the list says sold out. i looked into it and this is what i came up with:

They divide the tags into 80% Resident and 20% non resident and they do the resident drawings first and whatever is leftover they throw into the non-resident random pool that way they sell the tags at a higher price. dont have any facts to back this theory up just what i put together looking at numbers. Take antelope area 32 doe tags the resident quota was 320 tags and 34 people applied first choice that leaves 286 tags..... where did they go? non resident quota said 362 tags but there is only a total quota of 400 tags for the unit split 400 into the 80/20 split it should be 80 available tags but 80+286= 366 pretty damn close to 362 if you take into account the 2nd choice residents then it looks like 4 tags were given out making 362 tags to non res. hope you all can follow everything i was trying to say haha got a little messy.

Shouldnt the 286 Tags that were left after resident draws have gone into the leftover list making them available to everyone residents included instead of being rolled over and sold to NRs?

What?

If a resident wants their 2 doe tags in unit 32, I suggest they apply for them in the initial drawing.

Hell no they shouldnt have gone into a leftover list, there were plenty of NR's that wanted those tags and every resident that bothered to apply would have receieved their tags.

Whining...nothing more.

Well Obviously there were enough NR that wanted the tags im just saying as a Resident why in the hell do i have to enter the drawing if im not even sure i want that tag. Lets say that i want an area 68 buck tag but end up not drawing it then decide i would like a doe tag since i didnt draw a buck tag. I cant list a type 6 as a second choice so i would have to buy a type six and apply for buck tag and if i actually drew a 68 buck tag im stuck with this doe tag i no longer have interest in filling? Clearly there are enough non residents that want the tags and im sure the same guys will want them out of the leftover list (where everyone has a chance at them)
Im not whining i was one of the few that put in for this doe tag....

Apply for the tags you want and make a decision, live with it. You're rolling the dice by waiting for a leftover.

Get over it, and quit the crying.

Apply for the tags and go hunt. Even if you end up not using them I doubt 2 doe tags are going to break you.

If the state accommodated all residents in the draw and could pick up the extra funds through more non-resident tag purchases, I see it as a win-win. Why risk not selling remaining tags as leftovers when there is sufficient demand to sell them all on the front end?

I don't know of any state that puts tags on a leftover list before offering them to all people who applied in the initial drawing first, resident or non-resident. If someone has a problem with that, I'd agree with the whining comments above.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back