Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Opening day New Mexico! Big Bull Down!

All-

To be clear, this post was a joke. There are no pictures because it didn't happen. As some of you have stated, first archery in NM starts tomorrow Sept 1. I will be leaving the house in a couple of hours to head out to my unit.

This joke turned serious pretty quickly when i was visited by my friendly local GF warden a few minutes ago. He took a look at my chest freezer and truck, as well as my gear which is still laid out on the bed being packed.

Apparently someone from this forum reported me. I'm not upset or angry, i'm actually proud to be a member of a group that doesn't tolerate unethical behavior. So to whomever reported me, thank you for your concern, and i apologize for wasting your time. I also profusely apologized to the GF warden for wasting his time; i am happy however to see them take such a post so seriously, were it to be real.

So if you were offended by this post, i apologize; it was a quick and apparently lame attempt at humor.

But the hunt does start tomorrow, so good luck to all you archers out there!

-matthew

Poaching in NM takes a different slant than in other places in the West. Many of the villages surrounding public lands are in land grants. Those folks will tell you it is still their land. They refute fish and game laws and take what they want.

Poaching in NM takes a different slant than in other places in the West. Many of the villages surrounding public lands are in land grants. Those folks will tell you it is still their land. They refute fish and game laws and take what they want.

Indeed. The joke was meant to be about a dumb guy (me) so excited for this thing we've all waited 12 months for that he completely forgets what day it is. Anyways, when you talk of poaching online, you're playing with fire.

Last edited:
Indeed. The joke was meant to be about a dumb guy (me) so excited for this thing we've all waited 12 months for that he completely forgets what day it is. Anyways, when you talk of poaching online, you're playing with fire.
Good thing you didn't post fake pics or they might have jammed bamboo shoots under your fingernails while asking what you did with the elk. 😆

A few years ago someone on Hunttalk asked info about Mearn's Quail in AZ. I answered his question and posted a pic from a past hunt. Nowhere did I say or even imply that it was a photo from today, but I got a call from AZDFG saying that someone called them about a poaching quail incident.

2 hours and some change for a visit from the game warden. You have been here since the end of April. It’s not likely that anyone knows who you are yet or your address. So they would of had to contact a Admin to get your IP address. Then track that down to a physical address, then drive to your place to check you.

Either someone is pulling our leg or you guys are calling the wrong Warden for the ATV complaints you say never get answered. #fastest response ever!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back