Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Onx Offroad,do I need it?

tillicant

I didn't want to post this in the ONX questions, I'm sure they want to sell me it.šŸ˜’
I already use ONX hunt, for years renews Nov.. This year my wife & I are hunting unit 71 public, will be using our utv in leu of my pickup. Onx hunt shows me all the roads, trails, etc..
Just got an email from onx offroad, membership expired. Do I need it?
Have enough apps on this stupid phone .

At one point off-road access was included with hunt but that may have only been early on. Have you tried logging in with your hunt account?

Thanks for the reply, yes, logged in this morn, still shows color-coded roads/trails.
Figured at this point, even though I like onx, may dump-, switch to basemaps or go hunt.

The MVUM is free if youā€™re looking for National Forest travel.

Theyā€™re about as basic as maps can be though.

Last edited:
I got a ā€œrenewalā€ email today for OnX Off-road. Surprised me a bit because I didnā€™t even know I was subscribed to it. I began the renewal process, but then decided to do a bit more research first. Turns out I wasnā€™t subscribed to it, and Iā€™m not very pleased with the deceptive nature of that email. Iā€™m interested to hear from folks on here as to what it provides (if anything) above and beyond OnX Hunt.

I was hoping that GoHunt would have their Mobile Maps ready this year so I could ditch OnX altogether, but thereā€™s no word on when (if ever) thatā€™s going to be ready. Is anyone hearing anything relative to GoHunt releasing their mobile app for maps?

I got a ā€œrenewalā€ email today for OnX Off-road. Surprised me a bit because I didnā€™t even know I was subscribed to it. I began the renewal process, but then decided to do a bit more research first. Turns out I wasnā€™t subscribed to it, and Iā€™m not very pleased with the deceptive nature of that email. Iā€™m interested to hear from folks on here as to what it provides (if anything) above and beyond OnX Hunt.

I was hoping that GoHunt would have their Mobile Maps ready this year so I could ditch OnX altogether, but thereā€™s no word on when (if ever) thatā€™s going to be ready. Is anyone hearing anything relative to GoHunt releasing their mobile app for maps?
Got the same email yesterday. Same thoughts as you.

Same here. Not easy to find our whether it's included in the Elite membership or not. Spent time on their website trying to find out. Still don't know.

I guess thats why I posted this.

I guess thats why I posted this. I didn't remember signing up either. Scammers

Ditto all of the above...I'm not sure what they are doing but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to like it.

I played around with the free 7 day trial of onx off road when it first came out, and I would say that if you have the hunt app you do not need nor will you benefit from the off road app. It is specifically designed for OHV usage, but tge trail layers on your hunt app shows you the same info: trail milage, what use it is open to, etc. So I would say don't waste your money.

I emailed OnX. Apparently a free one year trial of Offroad was given to all Elite subscribers last year and this is a renewal of that and time to pay up if you want to keep it. The customer service rep admitted that this was not communicated very well and apologized for the confusion. Anyway, just ignore the email unless you want to renew Offroad for $20/year. Otherwise it will simply expire a d you wonā€™t be charged for it.

I emailed OnX. Apparently a free one year trial of Offroad was given to all Elite subscribers last year and this is a renewal of that and time to pay up if you want to keep it. The customer service rep admitted that this was not communicated very well and apologized for the confusion. Anyway, just ignore the email unless you want to renew Offroad for $20/year. Otherwise it will simply expire a d you wonā€™t be charged for it.
Thanks

So you had it for a year and never noticed? Doesn't seem worth it to me then!

Not sure how prevalent but there are cases where off-road identifies non motorized routes as motorized.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back