One week

duckhunt

Its been one week today that I had my last cigerette. I jumped on the wagon and had to give up drinkin so I could stop smoking. An ice cold beer sounds so good but im afraid if I drink I will smoke. So heres my plan. Im doing a 30 day challenge with no drinking (started the day i stopped smoking). I figured in 30 days without a cigerette I should be able to have a beer without cig cravings. Hoping to be in good shape for the hunting season this fall.

Keep at it. It gets easier after about week three assuming u went cold turkey no patch etc. Not drinking is a help. One beer might not break ya but six six will test you. You will be happy come hunting season.

Those brain cells talking to you saying they "HAVE TO" get some more nicotine are liars. They may really really want a hit, but they will survive without another hit. Congratulations for making it so far, keep it up!!

If oral cravings hit, work that sugarless gum till it has no more taste.

Did it cold turkey. Also decided I didnt want to gain to much weight so I stopped at the grocery store and stocked up on healthy snacks. Im eating like a horse but its all nutritious food and Ive been drinking alot of water. I must say that after 7 days I feel Great. Good luck to you chuckyd313. Keep us posted on your progress.

Nice! It's going to make a huge difference in your fitness for next year's hunting season.

Good luck guys! If you made it this far you've got it whipped! I quit cold turkey in 2003. it sure wasn't easy but definitely worth it.

Duckhunt, I used to smoke two packs of Camel nonfilters a day. I quit over 25 years ago and don't even think about cigarettes any more. I can have a drink now and not need to smoke. You can do it.

I have a goal in mind. Im thinking im going to save my "cigarette money" and buy a Browning X bolt in either 7mm-08 or .243. It will match to my X bolt .308

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dfair2798
Back