One third of our public lands

Koolaid
dipshit
butthurt
little girl

Quit talking about me or I will get a big head.

I have an envelope with Buttrey's address on it for his work with healthcare and he also had a big role in 454... I know this will come as shock to some, but I know Ed reasonably well (fellow electrical engineer, lived down the street from me in Great Falls). Him and I also tried to get some legislation passed in the 2012 session but we both got a load of butt hurt from the professional engineers. He still owes me a talk on drones here in Bozeman....

Fitzpatrick is another that stuck his head out big time on HB 454. I think where these guys will really need it is during primary season.... I won't forget.

Actually, a lot more. But I'm not going back and quoting all your own posts again.

Let's try, instead, to change the direction a little bit and I'll ask you a question related to another post I made a few days ago in another thread:

If you are going to persuade, and if you are not preaching to the choir, and you have no interest in or expectation of converting a lost cause, then the only remaining eyes for your case are those attached to a mind that is not yet made up. Correct? If so, then as you type here in argument, assuming there are open-minded people here observing your methodology, what type of conduct would be most likely to bring them to your side?

I'm guessing that defensive, insecure, vitriolic name calling is not the way to go. But that's just me.

What office have I been elected to?

When was the last time you sent an email to a Republican thanking them for the way the voted? As a self described liberal I can venture to say never but could be wrong.

Trust me I am secure and the name calling is intentional but if I were trying to influence people that A. had an open mind and B. I thought their mind could be changed, I would approach this differently. Neither of those two conditions exist so I don't really have to worry what others watching would think.

Nemont

I am all ears. there is a PM function that works just fine. I bet there isn't a single thing you can tell me about the ACA that I have not already heard, already lived through, already had to deal or had to help clients navigate.

Nemont

Straw men, both in this post AND in your last post on this subject. I never said you hadn't heard it all, and I never said there was no negative effects on you or your clients. The operative questions have to do with whether you learned from what you heard, whether anyone should care about your business or your clients, and the extent of care you and your clients had for anyone else. This is off topic and I will write no more on it. Here or in PM.

I said give the 20% that had the courage to go against the flow of their party an attaboy.

Nemont

I suppose that would be the crux of the "wild eyed hippies" point. If common sense is "courageous" within a party, perhaps that party is the problem.

The only way to get through to most people on here that are wild eyed hippies is to call exactly what they are acting like. Koolaid drinking, dipshit, butt hurt, little girls, that is how the low hanging fruit can ever absorb anything.

Yes, the best way to get through to people is insult them.

lol, while I was typing someone called me a wild-eyed hippee. Got me nailed.

I suppose that would be the crux of the "wild eyed hippies" point. If common sense is "courageous" within a party, perhaps that party is the problem.

Really you get insulted over something said on the internet?

Straw men, both in this post AND in your last post on this subject. I never said you hadn't heard it all, and I never said there was no negative effects on you or your clients. The operative questions have to do with whether you learned from what you heard, whether anyone should care about your business or your clients, and the extent of care you and your clients had for anyone else. This is off topic and I will write no more on it. Here or in PM.

And I never said to never bad mouth a stupid Republican policy.

th

Try getting your way without the 20% who at least had common sense. Tell me what would have gotten done without that 20% and which of the remaining 80% of Republican legislators didn't get elected by a majority in their districts?

Whether the party is the problem or not you still got to deal with who the voters send to Helena.

Nemont

And I never said to never bad mouth a stupid Republican policy.

And I never said you did. I argued that some folks seem to think Republicans are put upon here on this board, contrary to my subjective impressions. You then owned that I must be talking about you but in the same breath denied that was your contention, notwithstanding your posts to that end.

Even though this is on topic, I'm going to disengage. :W:

Newmont, did you have any heart burn over Daines vote to set up an account to transfer funds so land transfers could take place? Did you let him know it if it was a problem for you?

I know you felt that there would not be any legislation that would transfer lands, but this is a first step, or no big deal for you?

Newmont, did you have any heart burn over Daines vote to set up an account to transfer funds so land transfers could take place? Did you let him know it if it was a problem for you?

I know you felt that there would not be any legislation that would transfer lands, but this is a first step, or no big deal for you?

I did email Daines because when I met him here in Glasgow I asked him to his face what his stance on the Transfer or sale of public lands was? He affirmed to me that he did not support such an action. So when the Murkowski Amendment got his vote I let him know how disappointed and betrayed I felt.

In addition I called him out for signing the idiotic open letter to Iran as a dumb move and goes against the belief that politics ends at the water edge.

I felt that no legislation would become law. There is not a filibuster proof majority in the Senate is what I hang my hat on today.

Nemont

The truth is that the fight over transfer of public lands is going to be either won or lost on the right side of the political aisles. The left has enough bad ideas of their own, not generally supporting the transfer of public land doesn't confer upon the left sainthood.

Nemont

That is dead on the bulllseye.

FOCUS!!! NO SALE OR TRANSFER OF OUR PUBLIC LANDS!!!

Jeezzzzzz...................This is what I'm talking about. DITCH THE PARTY BS AND FOCUS ON THE ISSUE.

If you care enough about the issue then drop the party crap.

Golden Words!!

Nemont -
Last year you earned my respect when you noted the hypocrisy of the folks who voted for no net gain are now trying to get federal lands transferred to the states. I hadn't actually thought about it that way. You have said some other stuff that showed you aren't one of those guys who can't see the problems with the party is he stuck with.

I don't know why you would think you are in a position to judge me but I'm not quite as bad as you think. As I mentioned I have an envelope with Buttrey's address on it on my desk ready for a thank you letter for showing leadership in the face of the Tea Party opposition. Last session Ed and I tried to get some legislation passed. I have invited him and also Bryan Rogan to speak to the engineering group that I chair about their work. I loath the Tea Party hacks doing the AFP's work, but I have no problem giving sensible Rs visibility and a voice. In fact, I have gone out of my way in trying to do so.

Last session I sent Wellborn a thank-you note for looking me in the eye while I was speaking to his committee. I thought that was nice after watching Brenden pick the crap out from under his fingernails while I spoke. I told someone here that I would have voted for Daines if I thought Amanda was electable, which is the truth. I sent Zinke a thank you note a few days ago.

I won't pretend that this stuff qualifies me as a guy operating from the middle (don't you hate the boneheads who think they are "independent" because they find a fault in their own party?) but I do think it should exempt me from being called butt-hurt, dipsh*t, koolaid drinking, whining like a little girl, etc. I'd appreciate it if you would stop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heddenbk
Back