One of those days ..............

fishing4sanity

Today was one of those days that I wish I could just throw out and pretend it was just a bad dream. The day started off with four vehicles pulling up to our shop and a surprise visit from the federal department of labor. I don't mean to be one of those tin-foil hat wearing guys, but it sure seems the government is doing all they possibly can to just kill business. We just recently passed all our GAP and PRIMUS certifications (programs meant to show what a good & responsible agricultural producer/packaging facility you are), and a recent state department of L&I inspection, but it appears the feds have nothing to do and they let us know they'll be around all week. I have now found a more useless form of employment than telemarketers. Then to top off a crappy day, my brother has had his nephew-in-law out here working to pay for some trouble he got into last month and the kid slipped away to go see his girlfriend who has a summer job on a neighboring farm, well he was letting her drive our farm truck and while they were out joy-riding they rolled the pickup. Luckily no serious injuries even though he was thrown from the truck, but the truck ........................ well it's not so good. Sorry for the rambling rant. Tomorrow has to be better, right?

Attachments

• IMG_5469.jpg
    IMG_5469.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_5467.jpg
    IMG_5467.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 305
Holy crap!
Looks like your brothers nephew in law better seek
full time employment with a weekend work option to ensure
he pays for his little date with the girlfriend...

Are you sure the nephew wasn't driving and got the girlfriend
to cover like every illegal stunt driver tries to?

it always gets better, just depends on how long it takes!

Last edited:
That nephew must be one fortunate numbskull. Chain him to a sorting table until the debt is paid in full. (Spell check had me writing the "dent" is paid in full, which also could be accurate)

Hope he realizes how much my signature line applies in this case.

Ack! What a bummer! Glad the two are okay.

When crap hits the fan - the best I can make of it is to accept crappy days are a necessary evil to gain the most appreciation possible for the great days. Sounds weak - though that is my little offering...

Best to ya!

BTW, Good signature line! ;) :)

edit: damn - spook beat me to it! Haha!!

Man, its gotta get better than that! Sounds like the nephew just worked his way into a full time job....

I feel for you, usually it's one of my kids doing something like that! At least no one was seriously hurt, it could of been a lot worse...

I can promise, most days ahead will be better than this one. Sorry to hear. Nephew in law might want to find employment elsewhere.

about twenty years ago my oldest Son pulled a similar stunt...he was impressing his little girlfriend of his prowess in the matters of 4wd in my work truck...at one o'clock in the morning he managed to forget about a sharp turn on an old logging trail. The feeling I experienced from the call from the state troopers is one I never want to experience again...once I knew they were all right, and no injuries at all...well lets just say he was riding his bike again for a while, and his endentured service began.

I had a friend who had a body shop and even though the truck was totalled, he managed to put it back together for me. It took about 6 months though...and way after the heat of the moment was over...I still had to do all my carpentry jobs out of the little S-10 we had...

All I can say now is we laugh about that episode every once in a while now...all my boys still say how silly I looked in that little truck with all my stuff & tools hanging out with straps etc...something about Jed Clampett...after all was said and done I think he learned a serious lesson from it ...but I still remember the fear that came over me when the state troopers called that night! now you have a similar story...Thank God no one was hurt!

How's today so far?;)

We had a taste of the labor functionairies recently...really pizzed em off when they found nothing. Inept/arrogant prix tied our office up for nearly a week during one of our busiest crunches.

Be glad the kids are ok and the lawyers aren't swarming.

Glad to hear it Fish! Hope today is one of the best of the year. Like they said, if it weren't for bad days, good days wouldn't seem good!

That truck looks really similar to how mine did last year when I wrecked it! Hang in there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back