Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

On My Own Taxidermy!! Wifes Deer

thegamegtr

Just got this done. This is the buck my wife shot last fall. I had to learn how to do taxidermy so I could afford to put animals like this on the wall. Just this year, I have my sons whitetail, my daughters muley, my muley and antelope to mount up. If I had a taxidermy business, I would call it 10 foot taxidermy...meaning from 10 feet it looks pretty good:D
Sorry about the black and white photo--not real good at this computer stuff:confused:

Attachments

• mule deer1.JPG
    mule deer1.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 757
  • Nicki's Deer.jpg
    Nicki's Deer.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 758
  • muledeer.JPG
    muledeer.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 757
I am sitting 10 feet back from my laptop and it looks fine to me:D
But seriously you have done a great job there.
Cheers
Richard

That mount looks great.I had a mount done by a guy in the business for many years that everyone recomended that dosnt look half that good.I would say you have some talent.

Looks very nice , wish I could say my first one looks that good. I keep it around just to remind me how far I've come. Lawnboy if you are looking for a dvd on mounting heads , Rick Carter' whitetails a to z is excellent. It is available from Wasco.

Did you use a video or book or anything to help you? If so which one. I think it looks great!

Thanks! I learned from a friend who learned from a very good taxidermist. If I run into any problems, I have found that taxidermy.net has a lot of helpful tutorials. Thanks Again

10' my butt I'm only a foot from my screen and that looks awesome great job

Back