Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Old Deer Pic

BiggWimm

While visiting my wife's Grandmother, we had the pleasure of taking her to her family cabin. While up there, the conversation turned to hunting and subsequently "back in the day" hunting. Grandma then produced a photo from the early 1960s of my wife's Grandfather with one of his bucks. This is an awesome buck with unknown measurements, but one can take an educated guess. He had the buck done into a shoulder mount and ended up in the care of my wife's Uncle. Unfortunately the mount was stolen from his house years ago, but the picture is worth it's weight in gold. Gotta love the outfit and the pose, what a trophy find! :D

Attachments

• Grandpa Deer.jpg
    Grandpa Deer.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 932
Awesome old picture! Does anyone in the family happen to know about where that buck came from?

A rancher in Tooele Co. Utah showed me a similar picture from the '60s of a buck killed near Vernon. It was big enough to win a big buck contest with the prize being a new Jeep! It was shot off the railroad tracks just north of town, or at least that was the story I got.

This buck was shot in the Uintah Mountains near the Ashley National Forest by Roosevelt, Utah.

That's a whopper for sure! Thanks for sharing.
Special thanks to SFW and their habitat work to make this buck possible. Oh wait they weren't around then :rolleyes:

Totally cool picture and great buck. The gentleman just might've been the snow camo pioneer.

Love the photo, great buck, make some copied for sure that is a family piece right there.

Thats a cool old pic. You would think the rack would show up sooner or later. I would check all of the state /BC books. That is a one of a kind. If they steal then they probably lie!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back