Oklahoma bruiser bucks

huntinfool5

I had my first encounter with him the second week of Oct. He came in right at dark and I made a bad shot on, hit him high in the shoulder and he got away. Yesterday morning this guy came strolling by at 7:00 am I made the 20 yd shot count this time. when I recovered him I found a broadhead scar on the knot you can see on his shoulder, when I skinned him out I found my broadhead on the opposite side under the skin, it was the same buck I shot almost a month ago. My dad got the double drop tine buck during black powder, he was a old bruiser, can't say that I have ever saw one in wild while hunting, he's pretty cool, some people say kinda like winning the lottery when you kill a double drop.

Attachments

• big bucks 005.jpg
    big bucks 005.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,098
  • big bucks 008.jpg
    big bucks 008.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 909
  • big bucks 001.jpg
    big bucks 001.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 943
You never cease to amaze me. Next will be a pic of your trapping season. Keep up the good work.

Congrats on a couple nice bucks. I'm hoping to shoot something along those lines next weekend at the McAlester AAP.

Without giving up specific locations, what WMA are you hunting if you don't mind me asking?

I aged the double drop to be around 7 1/2, my buck was 5 1/2 and we do a lot of our hunting on three rivers wma and on corps land around the lakes and rivers.

Great bucks. I'm a Okie and I have antler envy. I think OK. Is undervalued as a trophy producing state. Ever year there seems to be more 140"+ bucks around. But its never easy killing bruisers like these. Congrats.

Great bucks. I'm a Okie and I have antler envy. I think OK. Is undervalued as a trophy producing state. Ever year there seems to be more 140"+ bucks around. But its never easy killing bruisers like these. Congrats.

Yes, Oklahoma has some big bucks...

20071124Johnsbigdeer004.jpg

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back