OK, so we'll hunt hogs this year!!

danr55

We didn't get drawn for anything else, so Glen and I are looking for a hog hunt. I've sent Big Tusker an email. WHere else can we look?

:cool:

big tuskers place is first rate.he has plenty of pigs and beautiful property. any of the southern states from texas east have alot of hogs. in fact if you want to come to georgia there is a place about an hour and a half north of the florida line that is supposed to be govered up with them.its a military base but if you want to go there i can do some legwork for you.

Bigtusker has a great place Danr.

I believe he has gone to archery only due to insurance costs. His place is in a drought right now so numbers of pigs are lower, but still has plenty. Lots of coyotes and squirrels too.

You can take a look at his website at www.birdsandboars.com

Thanks guys. I've sent Tusker an email and checked on some spots on the web page that you listed CH. I'll let ya'll know what shakes out of this thing.

By the way, I checked with the White Mountain Apaches today. They have 20 tags left for the cow hunt. They have raised the price to $430.00 per tag. If you want one, you have to be in White River tomorrow (Sept. 23) as they will be sold on a first come basis.

:cool:

The only problem with CA is the price of the hunts. You can do just as well in Texas for a lot less cash.

I've hunted Tejon ranch before on their Pig-O-Rama weekends, infact I'll be there for the December POR.
It can be a tough hunt in mountainous terrain but the ranch is huge and beautiful. Success runs about 50% for the 2 1/2 day unguided hunts and it's alot of fun.

Greg

If you're still thinking about Choppers ranch( Bigtusker), dont worry about drought. We've had pretty heavy rains during October and still raining early in November. I've gotta get a bow this year.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back