Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

OK folks, new hog hunt scheduled

snake river rufus said:
the new moon, I don't want those animals foraging all night like they can when there is some moonlight.

SRR, it's been my experience that if they've been day hunted frquently, they'll be nocturnal..moon or not. Take the stinkin' things anyway you can.

snake river rufus said:
I don't want to walk all day and then sit on a stand all night.

...good point. I don't hunt em at night either....for the same reason. :)

...sounds like a terrific place. Much better than the hit & miss ops I get around here.

Sounds like a great hunt Snake.

I've got to do that next year in Feb or March. I'm scheming a scheme on a DIY hunt just south of Lubbock.

Just make sure that you do have ground to hunt on. For some reason a lot of guys here are convinced that all you have to do is knock on a farmers/ranchers door and get to shooting."They won't charge tresspass fees, they want the hogs gone"
Sorry that's just not the case.

Find out if you can hunt at night too. They are more active at night, especially if its a high pressure area. Its hunting them while they're awake instead of while they're asleep too, but they need to be hunted, there's so many of them. Its kind of love/hate here with hogs I think. Love to hunt them, love the meat, hate the destruction they do to land and to property, like fences and other wildlife that they eat. The Spaniards were pretty on probably when dropping them off here for a future food supply, they sure are that now.

T Bone said:
Yep, got that covered. Considering a hunt offered by www.sportsmansjunction.com

$100/day per person, no limit.

T Bone that hunt is doing pretty good too. Just had some hunters get back and waiting on some pictures. They said it turned out to be a pretty good hunt. Said it took them a little bit to get on the hogs but after they figured them out they started seeing a lot of them. We had been waiting to see how it was going to be since it is a new lease. The outfitter is one of our msot reliable ones but you just never know about new leases for sure until you get some hunters on it. They said the lodging is nothing fancy but not bad at all and very adequate.

Back