OK folks, new hog hunt scheduled

I have gotten a few PMs about this hunt so I should add a bit more.
The hunt is scheduled to begin thursday afternoon, all day friday and saturday and sunday AM.
They feed us lunch and dinner, provide cereal and such for breakfast. The hunters stay in a 6 year old trailer house, bedding, soap, shampoo, towels, etc provided. They start butchering the hogs etc sunday AM while we are still hunting.
No limit on hogs, coyotes, bobcats or rattlesnakes. Two javalina allowed, one with the hunt and a second one for $150. A five day special permit is $45
They can make arraingements with a taxiderist if needed.
This is my fourth or fifth year down there and it is always a good time.
Let me brag on Maria's cooking, it's great and plenty of it.

Well ladies, you missed out on a pretty good time. I do want to warn everybody that heads down to SW texas about the Alisation inn in Castorville Tx. It's run by a nice gay couple and over priced by about $30 a night.
You would have been proud of me Oscar, I only made one (cough)sucker joke to them.
The group (3) that we over lapped with for one day ended up with 11 hogs, 3 javalinas, and 2 coyotes. It rained the last full day of thier hunt, which was the first day of our hunt, so they might have done better,,,
We had two days of rain and ,,,no killing. the final two days the sun peeked out and we finally saw some hogs and did some killing. My side kick killed three pigs(one of them a nice bore with really good cutters- he pushed 300 pounds) and 1 javi
I killed 1 boar and 1 javi(while missing four! ). I'm too old for this :eek:
edited for typo/srr

Glad you had a successful hunt SRR...did you drive down? If so, what route did you take?

Quite a stretch...you came thru N. Tx. about 100 miles east of me....Gainesville maybe?

Gay Inn owners in SW Tx....the wild west be a changin'. That area has some monster whiteys...&, sadly, mucho high fences/pricetags too.

Stopped to get gas at Gainesville. watched a pairt of young white girls score a couple of joints from a black kid on the corner of the station.
I don't know about "monster" whitetails :rolleyes: perhaps for that area, but you need to go north if you ever want to see more that a 110# deer scoring 135-140

Bodans (sp?) law. Just can't get around that. Don't take it so hard, but it's a fact that the farther you go towards cold climes- the bigger any animal wi generally be.

Man you drove right by me. I live just a few miles from 410 and 90 where you turned west. I've eaten at the Alsatian Inn years ago, it was good food. Its more like an anniversary place that a place for hunters to eat is what I thought. That good barbeque place down the hill toward town closed, I used to stop there regularly.

You got pictures?

I was going to stop by and buy that weatherby you had listed but you never hit me back. We don't normally stop in casterville, generally drive through to Ulvalde. don't believe that we'll stop there again. Lazy r is a really good hunt but I would like to find some place that is a bit closer with the same type of set up. Small, comfortable, friendly and no limit!

No I don't night hunt for game animals. I know that it is legal down there but it kind of strikes me as wrong. And really I'm not one to sit in the blind all day and just look, I prefer to spot and stalk, after doing that all day I'm ready for dinner and to hit the rack.I do shoot a lot of coyotes at night though.

Perhaps they are not game animals to the state of texas but if I eat them, they are game to me. I like to get out in the thick stuff during the day and kick them up.

Looks like a good time srr. I sure am Jonesing to get out hunting this time of year. I should plan a March 2007 piglet hunt.

Yeah, we are already planning our next hunt. Now I just hope that next years calander is correct as to the phases of the moon. I used the calender printed by 'ASTRONOMY' magazine which had the nerww moon phase 1 week off. You would think that a magazine devoted to looking up would at least get the moon phases right :rolleyes:

I missed that you were interested in the Weatherby. I posted it for a lady at work, its her husbands. You could have pm'd me if you wanted me to see it. Sorry I missed it.
I could ask them if they still have it, I guess.

We've got so many hogs here they have to be hunted aggressively and we still don't harvest enough of them. TPWD tells most people to shoot them on sight. We have kind of a love/hate relationship with them. We love to hunt them, we hate that they destroy the land, eating everything up. That's what it seems like sometimes.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back