Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Ohio Spring Get Together - 2004

Can she cook? :D Yep! Bring her on!! :D My John
Muir guy; wanted to come in at the last minute and do two shows on Saturday arriving Friday evening and leaving Saturday Evening to be back in KY for a church thing Sunday. . I told him thanks very much; but I think next year would be much better. So something to look forward to at the 2005 Ohio GT. :D

I don't know what I am going to bring to the pot luck Paws. I will decide about it later after I get to Franks and find out what Jennetta is fixing. I sure am looking foreward to tasting your limp noodle. :eek:

:eek: :eek: You know, I just might have to change that for a beef stew. Found a German recipe the other day and tried it yesterday. Tweaked it just a tad and it turns out to be the best beef stew I have ever tasted. Matter of fact I'm posting it for you guys right here and right now:

4 pounds good beef cut into 1/2 inch cubes (Fat removed)
6 to eight carrots pared and cut into 1 inch cubes
28 ounces of diced tomatoes with liquid
3 medium onions quartered
3 large celery ribs cut into one inch lengths
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon course sea salt
8 to 10 cranks on the pepper mill
1 teaspoon each of thyme, rosemary, and marjorum
1 cup red or white wine (white is sweeter)

Preheat your oven and add the beef fat pieces to the bottom. Cook over low heat just enough to render some of the lard and spread over the bottom of the oven. Remove the fat and all but two tablespoons of the rendered grease. Add the beef cubes, vegetables, tomatoes, then the spices, and the wine. Cover and place in a 250 degree oven or use coals to sustain 250 degrees for five hours. Stir occassionally (about once an hour). At the end of the fourth hour adjust seasonings to taste. When done skim the grease from the top and serve with a salad and biscuits or home made bread. If you don't have a Dutch oven you may use a heavy casserole.

You know Paws, I've heard of you "Da Limp Noodle" dish since Sgt. Bill's first GT. You didn't make the last GT there, you haven't made a Tree Rat GT yet, and now your changing it to a beef stew! I miss all the good stuff!!! :D

Guess what; bought more gear!! :D

Now let me see for Sunday Breakfast I'll need:

11 Dozen eggs
20 pounds of potatoes
20 pounds of sausage
10 pounds of bacon
5 pounds of ham
5 pounds of cheddar cheese
5 pounds of flour
6 gallons of milk
8 gallons of orange juice
4 gallons of tomato juice
1 gallon of buttermilk
2 quarts sour cream
4 quarts half and half
10 dozen biscuits
10 dozen pancakes
6 pounds of regular coffee
3 pounds of decaf coffee
10 pounds of sugar
2 pounds of sugar twin
1 pound of salt
1/2 pound of baking powder
1/2 pound onion powder
1/2 half pound garlic powder
5 quarts of pancake syrup
6 pounds of butter
2 pounds of lard
2 quarts EV Olive Oil
5 pounds of onions
6 pounds of green peppers
10 bottles of TexasPete
4 bottles of catsup
2 bottles of mustard
10 pounds of tomatoes.... :confused:

Oh, plus any other suggestions....

oh and four volunteers!! :D

Menu is:
Sausage gravy and biscuits
Buttermilk Pancakes
Scratch Buttermilk Biscuits
Sausage Patties
Bacon Strips
Hash browns
Potatoes O'Brian
Eggs Any Style Including Omelets
Scrambled Eggs ala Paws
Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Coffee (Regular and Decaf)
Tomato Juice
Orange Juice
Fresh Milk

And anything else your little hearts desire please make it known! :D

Special requests such as Eggs Benedict, French fluffy omelets, shirred eggs, bagels, etc; please make it known in advance!

Thanks!! :D

wow sounds good paws. I have been to other gts and thay did have food like you going to have. this sounds more like a food party.
Fresh Milk. is that right from the cow.

More or less indirectly! :D That's fresh milk as opposed to powderedmilk; which is what you usually get in camp. But; if you want it straight fromthe cow just let me know! There are four dairy farmers within a mile of my place and one just across the road!! :D

Wow Paws I have not had fresh milk in years. If we come down I will let you know Boy would I love to have fresh milk like the good old days.

Let me know Vipe and maybe we can just fix you up with some! :D

Pawclaws,
Sure does sound good. When I get all straightened out and am able to eat foods like I use to my husband, and myself are going to have to try to make a few of these GT's.
Wishing all the best and hope everyone has a great time and loads of fun. Will be thinking about you all.
DixieLady

Dixielady; you are welcome at the old campfire whenever the mood hits. I'm with you Jimbo. Started squaring away gear yesterday; septic system went "tits up"! :eek: Spent the day with Liquid Plummer!!
Can't figure what plugged her up; better go count cats! :eek:

Thanks Pawclaws! Maybe one of these old days we'll make it there for sure. Would be nice to meet some of you folks in person. Already have spoken with a few over the telephone.
How many cats did you find down in that septic system? lol :D ;) :eek:
No joke though, hope you get that all cleared up and best to you there.

DixieLady

Sorry to hear thatVipe. Maybe next time. Allthe cats are accounted for Dixielady. This has really got me bummed out. :( (Maybe it's just the self imposed irregularity??) :eek:

Could it be the one of the Dogs??? :D

I'll be there Friday evening Paws. Me and my son Phil. I'll be packing light. I hope you have the coffee going! :D

Well we did it!! It is all over!! :D Those of you who missed it missed; beef stew, venison stew, roast pork, bar-b-q pork, bar-b-q-chicken, roast turkey, venison bratwurst,baked alligator tail, potato salad, cole slaw, green bean cassarole, poppy seed bread, cherry pie, lime jello, soft shelled crab, Smitty's cleavage, Low Girl's Scrapple (and beautiful red hair), Doctor Death's rabbit, mushroom scrambled eggs, potatoes O'Bryan, a ton of bacon, a ton of sausage, another ton of sausage, jello shots, Amy humpin Brian's leg (her husband), signing Pete Detro's DaGriz Bar Apron, camp chef chicken confit, Signing the HHH auction bottle,
watching Paws dehydrate, Doctor Death and Coffeeman saving Paws life, Mrs Paws (PawsHo) making an appearance, Shelby teaching Paws (now Madge) how to wash dishes, Paws tripping over a guywire and sending his camp chef baked chicken airborn, Lance turning Low Girl's face red and making her frown, CG's smile, CG's Baby Boy's smile, paying bills with "out of state" currency, Frank Steed wearing "High and Tight", Pawclaws City, soft shell crab, breaded walleye and blue gill, and all the good hot coffee, coke, beer, and bottled water in the world. Man what a ball I had. Can't wait until next year. Thank you Frank and Jeanetta, Don, Jim, CG, Mike, Smitty, Dr. Death, LowGirl, Jerry, Brian, Amy, Bill, and special thanks to Shelby, Mikey, Jimmy, all the scouts (for not complaining) and the park rangers for not running us all in!! :D

Back