Ohio Spring Get Together - 2004

There isn't much more on the NAHC board that is not here. Basically, Frank was supposed to get with the park people to make the reservations for the group camping. Last count, there were around 35-40 that signed up. I f anyone here didn't sign up with 7th Group, they should let Frank know, or sign up here and I can relay to Frank.
Right now, it looks like there will be people from Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Florida, Missouri, and maybe a few other states. Should be a great time. BTW Paws, I am BuckeyeBill on the NAHC board.

Had a two hour with Frank and we figured out the following:

. You all can pay one of us when you get there or before you leave so long as we can get the rent paid sometime. No biggie nor need to forward advance funds for those of you staying in group camp. Again the cost is 4 dollars per head per night. Frank is going to ask that everyone post their intended contributions for the potluck over on the NAHC board. We;ll duplicate it here so everybody can get a peek. At present we are seeing a head count of approximately 30 folk. Don't forget about your fishing poles; Frank says the Crappie and Walleye are both biting right now and mid May shouldn't be too awful late for some good fishing. We are going to try to get together in the next couple of weeks to freeze up some walleye and include those with our potluck or maybe a fish fry on Friday evening for you early arrivals. Anyway it should be a whole lot of fun and good eats!! :D If you have questions or need help with anything related tothis thing askleither Frank or I; we are both happy to help all we can.

Sign me up for the group camp Paws! Should be me, and up to three family members! I'll let you know on the pot luck dish!

That's great Buckeye Bill and Jimbo!! If one of you guys would be so kind as to post the following on the NAHC BB for my pot luck contributions:

DaLimp Noodle
Cole Slaw
Boston Baked Beans
Peach Cobbler
Sour Dough Rolls
and don't forget I'm cooking Sunday Breakfast;

Well Hi Paws, Long time no see How have you been? just came over from NAHC to check this place out. I'v talked to frank about the GT. Me and the Wife will be there looks like it is going to be a good time :D

Dr D!!! :D How the heck are you???
Glad to hear you are making the GT. Hang around with the Moose group a spell and see if they will make you to welcome. Most are friendly! :D

Paws, This is a pretty nice site I think I'll just have to stick around awhile. I'll get you a answer on the pot luck dinner before the weekend is over :rolleyes:

hey all, just thought I would stick my nose in here and see what all you have been saying about me! Well from the looks of things I will have mommy call the park in the morning and ask them to up our res to 40 people, she had it for 30 now.
There will be 20 boy scouts in the area too, so Paws when you come up on Tue set up on the back side and I will have the other one that is coming in early to set up in the mid so we are off the road some. I will stop off on my way home to see if you need a hand.
I will also be getting some fire wood cut to bring up for everyone. I will try to have about 2 truck loads for the group. I will start a new thread here and give a list of the ones that are on the NAHC site and have everyone that is one here post so I can add them to the res if we need to.
If there is anything else that I can do let me know. I will be at the camp some time Sat evening. I am playing Army that weekend and they are going to let me go in early so I can spend some time with you all. Seeyall then.

Paws, the wife says she is coming. So put me down for two. I emailed you about what you guys are staying in. Is it tent only or can I bring a camper. I want to be in the same area as the group so let me know. I down loaded a map and I see a group camping area off 58 or 59. Is that the one. don

What directions? Did somebody post directions?? :D Finding your way there was part of the test! ;) Yes Don drag that tin Tipee out. Frank; if you have contact with the scout group you might want to invite them to our Saturday evening pot luck supper. As long as the rest of the group has no objections. I'm not sure our John Muir guy is going to make it. I think the time to advertise any presentation he might give to gather the quantity of fees he wishes is past. Our communications are running about two three weeks between replies. So, don't get your hopes up too high for it. Oh, one thing more; if those scouts perform revile and retreat:
Stop what you are doing, turn and face the music, bugle or flag, remove your hat, place your right hand over your heart and stand attention until the music stops. (Just a reminder.)

Paws, I posted this on the NAHC site but thought I should put it over here Too. I'm bringing a big Ham and deep frying a turkey. Thought the turkey would be a good Idea being that it is turkey season

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back