ognevadahunter Looking for information Idaho area 46

ognevadahunter

Hi I am new to this site. I have been hunting for a long time, deer, elk and antelope. As my handle implies I am from Nevada, I have never hunted outside of the state. I can't afford guides so I am a diy hunter. I am putting in for an Idaho over the counter elk tag this year in area 46. This is listed as agricultural area. Has anyone here ever hunted that area? If so can you give me any hints about land owners that will give permission to hunt their land?

I will be going there to drive around and ask but any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way OG means old guy.

I am as well. drawing a Nevada tag is getting harder and harder. I get a deer tag every 3 or 4 years. Anetlope is rough.

Most of the elk I have seen in that unit have been on the southern edge in the many canyons and hills. There is a lot of open country back there to look through.

I have seen some up near Bliss and Glenn’s Ferry in November on private ground quite often as well.

Good luck on your hunt!

Most of the elk I have seen in that unit have been on the southern edge in the many canyons and hills. There is a lot of open country back there to look through.

I have seen some up near Bliss and Glenn’s Ferry in November on private ground quite often as well.

Good luck on your hunt!
Thank you

Back